Specialized Crux SCS dropout change and hub compatibility

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Stock rear wheel was dished 2.5mm off center and the whole hub was shifted in the frame the same amount. Changing out the hanger gives the rear a 132.5mm spacing with centered dish. You then jam a 135mm wheel in there with an axle that is 2.5mm too short. Also the hanger side is no longer supported in a notch, but only by the axle.
Last edited by Alexbn921 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ride fast Take chances

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Double post
Ride fast Take chances

dcorn

by dcorn

I got one of these bikes because I told myself I would never need another wheelset for my cross bike. Then I went tubeless and it was a huge PITA swapping tires from gravel to mud for cross, so of course I wanted another set of wheels. Spesh was selling the stock Axis 4.0 wheels with SCS hubs for stupid cheap like $250 and of course they were sold out so I had to spend almost double to buy a set of the hubs and built them up with Stans rims.

I'd say try to see if specialized is still selling those hubs and build your own wheels. Or Hope and maybe a few other companies make an SCS specific rear hub, but they are pricey.

tripmaster

by tripmaster

Thread resurrect.

I got a 2016 Crux S-Works pretty cheap, $1500 for a brand new frame.
Got a couple of SCS wheels (Control, NEXT) for tubeless and tubular race day wheels.
I saw an SCS endcap from DT Swiss on sale on ebay.

Does this mean I can swap that endcap on a DT Swiss hub and get another set of SCS wheels? I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure that's true; if so, what hub do I need?