Dale superx 2018 top cap

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hoven

by Hoven

Hi,
trying to find a top cap lower than the 25mm that comes with the 2018 superx, think it is about 55m in outer diameter someone know one that fits?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I used the cover and wedge from a Cane Creek 40-Series ZS49 ZeroStack top set and that's pretty good. About 1mm step in around the headtuve, but covers the bearing and "seals" well enough.

Thedaniel

by Thedaniel

The top cap from cannondale part #kp058 is what you’re looking for. A bit expensive but at least you’ll have a spare headset if need be. It’s what I’m currently using and the cdale cxworld team is also using as far as I know. Perfect fit with a couple micro shims

hustlehard285

by hustlehard285

You can also use the cap from a cannondale fat cadd. That's what i have and just slam the stem

wrenegade

by wrenegade

Bumping this as I just picked up a SuperX and need to slam the stem, will be looking into the Fat CAAD and the kp058 (though would rather not have to buy a whole headset for a top cap). Does anyone know if you can use the lightweight kp017 compression wedge as well? I have one on my Supersix EVO and its been fantastic and is super light.

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

The Cannondale KP253 is what you're looking for to slam your stem. Worked perfectly on my CAAD12 and was much cheaper than a slamthatstem.com bearing cover.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NLC86

by NLC86

Does the top cover of KP205 work as well?