Van Tuyl VT350

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ls

by ls

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of these frames? I know that they look good value for money but do they ride ok, what's the durability like, etc?

From other threads on here I've seen a couple of people mention VT 340's that have broken. Does the VT 350 have the same problem?

Thanks,
LS

Boogie

by Boogie

Hi,

I had a Vt340 untill he broke last december. Then I bought a Vt350. Because the season ended in January I haven't ride much on it, but it feels good and he looks very nice. I would recommend another fork because the one you get isn't very stiff.

ls

by ls

Thanks for that - I'd already planned to use a Kinesis Evo fork left from last season's bikes (460 gms cut to 276mm) so it's nice to know I'm on the right track!

I'm tall at 6'2" so I'd be looking at the 63cm c-t size. Any idea what the weight is, or the weight of yours in whatever size it is to give me an idea?
I can't seem to find the weights on the Van Tuyl website - My Dutch isn't very good!

Boogie

by Boogie

I don't know what the frame weight. The VT340 weight in a 55cm size 1350, and I guess the VT350 is the same, because I've a painted 350 and my 340 was anonized.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I have one as well. they are pretty light and that frame weight seems about right (I have a 57) The ride is pretty nice, pretty stiff although Boogie did have durability issues with his.

Boogie

by Boogie

520 Dan , you got a photo of your bike?