Anti 1X Drivetrain

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

I tried searching but had no luck...

I am interested in doing a reverse 1X conversion. Has anyone succesfully installed the shifting parts into a sram 1X left hand / front shifter?

I've may potentially have a set of Sram Rival 1X rim brake shifters and want to replace a set of 10 speed shifters with a pair of 11 speed, but I need the front brake lever to be able to shift. Ive heard plenty about people gutting their LH shifters to make them 1X, but is it possible to do the reverse? I'd imagine sram use the same lever body.

Can anyone confirm or comment?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

It depends how standardised the SRAM shifter bodies are. If the left 1X lever still has the same internal shape and mountings as a 2X lever, you may be able to buy the shifting internals.

I would suggest looking for a left lever on eBay though as SRAM parts are not cheap.

No experience with 1X lever internals but that is my 2p. Hope it helps.

Global

by Global

I’m fairly certain my buddy took my gutted red front hydro shifter parts and installed them in a 2018 rival hydro.
Global :)

motorapido

by motorapido

In Short, yes but if you want to be 100% certain you have the right parts to fit into your particular shifter check out the relevant year SRAM spares catalogue that is online. link below.
https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.net ... c_revc.pdf