Ultegra RX road clutch RD for 2x11 and 2x10

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Add some more tension?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

emotive

by emotive

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 am
Quick question, anyone know of any issues (or Shimano guidance) on using the RX805 with an oval ring? I have it set up on my Hakka with a wolftooth elliptical (42x) and the clutch doesn’t seem to be holding (certainly not as well as I would expect).
I ran the RX800 with Absolute black oval rings for a few thousand kilometres with no issues.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Can you post a photo of your setup? Maybe the chain is too long, but I agree with Nefarious86 - not enough tension (or the clutch is disengaged).
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Emonda SLR https://bit.ly/2UK5FP8

Crockett, Madone 5, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

On hols at the moment - will do when I get home. Should have said, running a wolftooth roadlink DM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 am
Quick question, anyone know of any issues (or Shimano guidance) on using the RX805 with an oval ring? I have it set up on my Hakka with a wolftooth elliptical (42x) and the clutch doesn’t seem to be holding (certainly not as well as I would expect).

Not sure if it is the derailleur itself or my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also used absolute black rings... my RX805 would not shift (with the clutch on) down to the high gear.. like 11-12-14... with clutch off I never had an issue. I went 1x and XTR Di recently.. no problem.