Allied Alfa All Road

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

Has anyone ridden this bike? Gorgeous and the engineering team at this company have a very strong CV. Reviews of their bikes seem to be all around very positive. Seems it might be more a racey bike and road/gravel than pure gravel bike, while being able to fit 40mm tires. Far from inexpensive but looks stunning and probably rides well given the engineering team.

https://alliedcycleworks.com/allied-alfa-all-road-bike/
'16 Spec Diverge Expert

stormur

by stormur

4k $ for frameset from company not known to the market...and which can disappear faster than appeared.... well :mrgreen:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

TonyM

by TonyM

Is this not the one who advertise in some print magazines with “made in USA”?

stormur

by stormur

and "made in USA" is the the synonime for "high quality product" ;)
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

TonyM

by TonyM

stormur wrote:and "made in USA" is the the synonime for "high quality product" ;)
For US consumers yes! LOL 🤪Image

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

Agreed that it is very expensive. I am very happy with my Diverge and only an admirer of this Alfa All Road. Who knows if their business model will work, but the bike seems like it may be a good one.
'16 Spec Diverge Expert

Slammed

by Slammed

This bike is more of a road bike with large tire clearance than a gravel bike. The stack and reach looks alright but the head tube angle is insanely steep. 73.8 degrees on a 58 is nuts. The fork has slightly more rake than standard but I'd still say it's way too twitchy to be considered a true gravel bike.

Mtek

by Mtek

I’ve been watching this model. Every review I have read is very positive for its handling actually. Certainly has a road bike geometry, which I personally like. I really like the distinct lacking of graphics and the fact it’s made in my country. I don’t think I will be purchasing, but I am hopeful the brand does well.

dogrange

by dogrange

Slammed wrote:This bike is more of a road bike with large tire clearance than a gravel bike. The stack and reach looks alright but the head tube angle is insanely steep. 73.8 degrees on a 58 is nuts. The fork has slightly more rake than standard but I'd still say it's way too twitchy to be considered a true gravel bike.
Or, you could of say that it looks like a gravel bike that might just be twitchy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

This really looks like a race bike with big tire clearance, can even get it down to 14lb/6.4kg. Could be the ultimate one-bike depending on what kind of riding you do. If you also do a lot of road riding with cornering it could be great. One could probably easily use this as a race bike with a wheelset/tire swap.

This is a great time for those who like having only one bike. There are a lot of very competent road/gravel or gravel/road bikes on the market today to find the right one depending on how your miles are distributed between surface and terrain.
'16 Spec Diverge Expert