650b 2.35 gravel bike on Alibaba. Any owners out there?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pete611

by Pete611

Hi all,

Im just hunting around for a gravel bike frame that has a good amount of tire clearance. The carbonda frame ticks most boxes, but would love a bit more choice for tires, ie 650b 2.1.

The Workswell 146 seems to be a good alternative, but i cant find any owner feedback on this frame. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Finally, I just came across this frame:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606826617 ... ifications

Is anyone aware of this one? Im not sure how they can fit the 650 2.35s in, but it sounds promising.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Pete

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jemima

by jemima

I assume you've noted the long and low geo on that compared to the Carbonda?

I'd contact the seller; ask for them to fit that 2.35 tyre (or the largest they can!) and take some close up pics at the stays and fork with measurements, along with tyre pressure. Make sure they tell you what the inner width is of the rim.
Curve Grovel ti.

Jengaback

by Jengaback

I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact frame listed as having space for 2.1" from another seller so take it with a pinch of salt.

What Jemima said is a good call. If in doubt ask for pics

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fluffman

by Fluffman

Pete611 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 am

The Workswell 146 seems to be a good alternative, but i cant find any owner feedback on this frame. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Pete611

Let me know what you find on this frame, I have been hinting for feedback, and all I know is that it is Di2 compatible. The pics on their website don't really show cable routing well or access around the bottom bracket