650Bx38c Options?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

FreaK

by FreaK

Apparently, they are right on the same weight as the tubeless compatible Compass equivalent:
https://www.compasscycle.com/shop/compo ... ical_specs
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FreaK

by FreaK

Now that i've been riding them some months, including a snowy winter i have some feedback:
I won't keep them on for winter next year as they are too slippery in snow. Duh! Right? But it was worse than i thought, since they were actually kind of grippy on some of the first snow of the season.
When mounted as tubeless I got punctures in the center of the tread from potholes, twice. The Stan's refused to seal them solid so I ended up running tubes. I've had two more pinch flats with tubes in, but those weren't surprising ones.
They're also not quite as supple or quick as I had hoped. They do absorb much from the ground, but I notice it a bit more when I compare it to one of my other bikes. I'm going to try something different once they've worn down.
Actually on that note, there's little to no apparent wear despite hard winter use, and some off roading.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm