Missing part? Help required with Cannondale Quick front brakes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rudi

by Rudi

Colleague at work has asked me about this. He bought a Cannondale Quick 2 2012 bike to commute to work and back. He said he was never happy with the front brakes and has since taken it to a shop to get it fixed. It looks like either the bike was put together incorrectly, or someone has lost a part when checking it out. They have slapped on some long reach calipers in the meantime.

I've never used mini v brakes, but get the concept. It looks like there is nothing on the fork itself for the tension pin to engage with, hence the thought that there is a part missing.

I've got no idea if this is the case though or if there is a missing part, what it is called. Can anyone help diagnose this?

Looks to me like there should be something between the fork and the brake itself to allow the spring to be tensioned. This is the fork as it is now:

ImageIMG_1515

ImageIMG_1513
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

https://shop.brake-stuff.de/media/image ... 00x600.png

Spring plate is missing. Or may have slipped, hence brakes not working properly.

New canti studs, new plate, reasonable blob of suitable threadlock and you'll be fine.

Rudi

by Rudi

Superb, many thanks.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420