What do you expect in terms of development (CX/ gravel & monster cross)

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

What do you guys expect in terms of development, talking components and frames, forks etc?
Be it CX, gravel, monster cross/ gravel.

Personally i expected Shimano to come up with a more CX/ gravel specific Ultegra.
Micro compact chainrings and a wider chainline crankset, a specific FD cage and a better chaintension at the RD.

More light weight version suspension/ flex forks.

Talking frame geometries, it would be super interesting to test different ideas.
Some seem to go for a longer BB to front distance and slacker headtube angle.

What about Sram Eagle 1*12 CX/ gravel?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire

jeroenfl

by jeroenfl

Chain tension for rd is fine with ie. DI2 road shifters and mtb rear mech, so yes, maybe the next iteration of ultegra will have a clutch...
Especially since gravel is the (old) new road.
Now that the community is finally ready for wide gear ratios, how about Pinion + electronic shifting?

Can keep our wheels. Rohloff could be an intermediate solution, but has to get rid of the cables (electronic). Alfine doesn't come in thru-axle yet. weight at the rear, but that's already the case with 11-42 cassettes or even wider and mtb rear derailleurs

Most importantly tyres: still lots of room for improvement on the tubeless spectrum, I think. More tan sidewalls: for grip, color and comfort. Current tubeless is too harsh for comfort and traction,.. I mean tubular still has the edge on grip and comfort, but too fragile for gravel.

geometry I don't know. There are a lot of safe little experiments going on and I understand that the only real difference between cx and gravel is the hours in the saddle. Crit vs endurance bike type of thing.

Interesting times!

by Weenie