Cannondale SuperX power meter, spider, and chainring options

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

The Rotor 3D+ fits a BB386, which is 86mm wide. The BB of the SuperX is 3mm narrower. So you should be able to use spacers to get the spider to clear the frame. However, I am not sure what it will do to the chainline and Q-factor on the DS and NDS.
----
No longer in the industry

NLC86

by NLC86

jever98 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:31 pm
I am using the NG Eco on Cannondale cranks, without problems. For 2x I bought a longer axle.
Which model are NG Eco are you using exactly?

I'm quite confuse if I have to buy the NG Eco Cannondale (BDC 110) or the NG Eco MTB Cannondale Ai (BDC 104)

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

I use the 110bcd version
----
No longer in the industry

SuperEvo

by SuperEvo

Hi all,

Great input. Could anyone advice whether the following setup would work on a SuperSix EVO (PF30-83 Ai). Aim would be to use Shimano 2x chainrings with Shimano 11-speed Di2 setup.

- DUB MTB Bottom Bracket for Cannondale Ai PF46-83-DUB -> Should it be the MTB version with 46mm diameter?
- SRAM Force DUB Crank Carbon Road 2-speed | Cannondale Ai -> Ditch spider and keep chainrings as spare for other bike :)
- QUARQ AXS DFour DUB Power Meter Spider - 110 BCD -> Swap spider to accomodate Shimano chainrings

Crankset should fit perfect for BB width and q-factor should be even on both sides. Is the Ai offset determined by the crankset version or spider, i.e. will the DFour spider with Ultegra chainrings results in a Ai-compatible chainline? Any other details that should be taken into consideration or would this setup potentially work?

Thanks on beforehand.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

I used rotor Inspider powermeter with Rotor Aldhu carbon arms.

165mm cranks, 135mm MTB spindle, 52/36 Qrings, paired with 11-30 cassette.

The secret is using MTB kapic axle... 135mm version.
This option increases Q factor by 10-17ish mm but it is bit negligible when pedalling.
(Rotor's road cranks have 147mm Qf, and Mtb cransets are 164 with 135mm spindle. But Mtb cranks are more deflected outward. So using "straighter" raod cranks reduces Q factor (the delta between 147mm and Xmm must be less than 17mm but larger than 10mm because I added 10mm spacer on the drive side.)

Chainline gets tad meessed up but I cannont tell any difference with the factory set up when the front mech is fine tuned.

adrockwe

by adrockwe

Pyotrump wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:31 pm
I used rotor Inspider powermeter with Rotor Aldhu carbon arms.

165mm cranks, 135mm MTB spindle, 52/36 Qrings, paired with 11-30 cassette.

The secret is using MTB kapic axle... 135mm version.
This option increases Q factor by 10-17ish mm but it is bit negligible when pedalling.
(Rotor's road cranks have 147mm Qf, and Mtb cransets are 164 with 135mm spindle. But Mtb cranks are more deflected outward. So using "straighter" raod cranks reduces Q factor (the delta between 147mm and Xmm must be less than 17mm but larger than 10mm because I added 10mm spacer on the drive side.)

Chainline gets tad meessed up but I cannont tell any difference with the factory set up when the front mech is fine tuned.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but here I am!
I've got a Cannondale Supersix Evo CX with the PF30-Ai-83 BB. I've been running A force Dub-Ai crank, but I want to drop down to a 165mm crank, which isn't offered by Sram.

You're saying that Rotor Aldhu arms with the Kapic 135m Axle should work?