Cannondale SuperX power meter, spider, and chainring options

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

?

grover

by grover

Yes just buy the hollowgram arms (and powermeter). They will swap straight out with your existing arms and re use spindle, spacers, bolts, spider, chainring.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

grover wrote:Yes just buy the hollowgram arms (and powermeter). They will swap straight out with your existing arms and re use spindle, spacers, bolts, spider, chainring.
Thank you!

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

Sorry I missed your question. Yes, I only changed the arms. Everything else (spindle, spacers, chainring etc) from non-hollowgram. No spider in my case - chanring is direct mount.

morganb

by morganb

Is it possible to run a non-PM Rotor 3D+ 1x without any modifcations? I may even run a singulator and go single speed so chainline isn't an issue.

grover

by grover

Without modifications as in pull it out of the box and install? No. But if chainline isn't an issue the modifications are really simple. Just add or remove spacers from the spindle.

When you get the Rotor crankset the spacers included will likely be for 68mm width shell (BB30/PF30) or 86mm width shell (BB386/PF386).

The SuperX uses an 83mm width shell. So you either have to add 15mm spacers from teh 68mm configuration or remove 3mm from the 86mm configuration.

BenyR

by BenyR

I have a Rotor 2inpower crank and Rotor Qring (40T Oval) fitted to my 2017 SuperX and its been a bit of a challenge too be honest. Instead of fitting a 5mm spacer non drive side, i have had to fit it drive side to ensure even Qfactor and a decent gap between the chainring and rear chain stay. It works well but for the life of me i cant get rid of the creaking and clicking noise from the bottom bracket. I have fitted new cups and bearings etc and still no joy. i have thought about fitting a C-Bear PF30A bottom bracket but they arent cheap. Any ideas?

TiCass

by TiCass

I read the entire thread, twice. I’m still not sure about my potential setup.

SuperX
Rotor 3D+ w/ P2M NG 110BCD
1x Wolftooth 44T mounted on the big ring

Has someone tried something similar?

grover

by grover

Find out what width spacers are required to fit a normal 68mm width shell. As long as you can remove 7.5mm from both sides you will be able to install the cranks on the 83mm width shell.

Your idea for installing 1x ring in big ring position will get your chainline close. The spider may foul on the frame though. If that's the case then you might have to move some spacers from non-driveside to driveside.

TiCass

by TiCass

Yeah, I ended contacting P2M. They basically told me that the PM would touch the frame.
They developed the NGEco Gravel with a 104BCD x1 Topstone for that type of setup. So, more $$$ to spend.

I still kinda want to test what you suggested 😅

jever98

by jever98

I am using the NG Eco on Cannondale cranks, without problems. For 2x I bought a longer axle.
----
No longer in the industry

TiCass

by TiCass

jever98 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:31 pm
I am using the NG Eco on Cannondale cranks, without problems. For 2x I bought a longer axle.
Do you know whats your spindle length?

jever98

by jever98

I've been running a double with a 125mm spindle
----
No longer in the industry

grover

by grover

TiCass wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:34 am
Yeah, I ended contacting P2M. They basically told me that the PM would touch the frame.
They developed the NGEco Gravel with a 104BCD x1 Topstone for that type of setup. So, more $$$ to spend.

Is the Rotor crank modular? Try it, if the spider hits the frame then buy a longer spindle and run the chainring in the middle position. Your q-factor is a bit wider but for most that's a non-issue.

TiCass

by TiCass

grover wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 pm
TiCass wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:34 am

Is the Rotor crank modular? Try it, if the spider hits the frame then buy a longer spindle and run the chainring in the middle position. Your q-factor is a bit wider but for most that's a non-issue.
Nan, thats the thing… the spindle is bounded to the left crank arm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com