Cannondale SuperX power meter, spider, and chainring options

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

sebejo

by sebejo

NLC86 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:52 pm
sebejo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am
NLC86 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 am
Do you know if the Hollowgram crankset (with OPI SpideRing 40T) mounted on the SuperX Force 1 (mechanical) works with a SRAM Eagle AXS derailleur and a Eagle chain?
I'm running this setup - it does work.
Which cassette? How did you size the chain? The B-Gap? So far I did not reach an optimal shifting perfomance (GX 11-50 Cassette, Eagle XX1 AXS, GX Chain and of course Hollowgram Si with OPI SpideRing 40T).......
I'm running the Red AXS derailleur with the Garbaruk cage extension modification so my chain length/B-gap combo is different to stock XX1 AXS derailleur. But as set it up with a 1295 cassette + Eagle chain I could comment on the OPI Spidering 40T + Eagle chain compatibility.

Though as you run standard XX1 AXS derailleur + cassette you should be able to set up chain length and b-gap based on the standard SRAM MTB components recommendation.

NLC86

by NLC86

sebejo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 pm
NLC86 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:52 pm
sebejo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am
NLC86 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 am
Do you know if the Hollowgram crankset (with OPI SpideRing 40T) mounted on the SuperX Force 1 (mechanical) works with a SRAM Eagle AXS derailleur and a Eagle chain?
I'm running this setup - it does work.
Which cassette? How did you size the chain? The B-Gap? So far I did not reach an optimal shifting perfomance (GX 11-50 Cassette, Eagle XX1 AXS, GX Chain and of course Hollowgram Si with OPI SpideRing 40T).......
I'm running the Red AXS derailleur with the Garbaruk cage extension modification so my chain length/B-gap combo is different to stock XX1 AXS derailleur. But as set it up with a 1295 cassette + Eagle chain I could comment on the OPI Spidering 40T + Eagle chain compatibility.

Though as you run standard XX1 AXS derailleur + cassette you should be able to set up chain length and b-gap based on the standard SRAM MTB components recommendation.
Thanks for conforting me! My poor shifting perfomance was due to a bent derailleur hanger.....now everything works fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BenyR

by BenyR

Has anyone tried the Rotor InPower crankset? Im thinking of getting the 2InPower crankset with a Q Factor of 147.5 and a chainline of 43.5. Present cranks are Cannondale Hollowgram SI with 155 Q Factor and 55 chainline. Im not all clued up with the measurements but does someone know if it will fit?

BenyR

by BenyR

iamchrisone

by iamchrisone

Hi,

Did anyone ever manage to fit a Quarq power meter / dub crankset with 11 speed? There's a DUB bottom bracket available but can't work out which crankset will work with it. Documentation (https://www.sram.com/globalassets/docum ... ty-map.pdf) says "Road Ai" crankset but I can't see one other than this 12 speed one:

https://www.velozone.co.uk/products/sra ... 9-12-speed

Further question then. Would that 12 speed crankset work with the rest of my 11 speed, SRAM Apex drivetrain? If so, should I use an 11 speed or 12 speed chain?

Cheers,
Chris.

grover

by grover

By buying the Ai version of the Force AXS crankset and the Dub Ai bottom bracket you will have crankarms that install nicely. You will then need to buy a Quarq spider, so just buy the 5 bolt 110bcd Dub compatible spider. Then fit an 11 speed Force1 or Rival1 chainring.

Sell off the Force AXS chainring and spider that comes with the crankset.

iamchrisone

by iamchrisone

grover wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:02 am
By buying the Ai version of the Force AXS crankset and the Dub Ai bottom bracket you will have crankarms that install nicely. You will then need to buy a Quarq spider, so just buy the 5 bolt 110bcd Dub compatible spider. Then fit an 11 speed Force1 or Rival1 chainring.

Sell off the Force AXS chainring and spider that comes with the crankset.
@Grover. You the man. Thanks very much for this, I didn't realise that the AXS crankset would be compatible with the 5 bolt 110bcd spider. Now thinking about it and the 'DUB' system, it's obvious. Now all I go to do is find one in stock in the UK somewhere.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

I have a superx,i cant find a Hollowgram crank for it (1x) ,does a road hollowgram di with a 1x 40t chain ring will work on it?

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

I have a superx 2016 ,i cant find a Hollowgram crank for it (1x) ,does a road hollowgram di with a 1x 40t chain ring will work on it?

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Sorry double post

jever98

by jever98

Mcdeez wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:19 am
I have a superx,i cant find a Hollowgram crank for it (1x) ,does a road hollowgram di with a 1x 40t chain ring will work on it?
As far as I know it's all about the spindle length. The arms should be the same as the road arms, if I am not mistaken. The spindle length for 1x is somewhere in this thread.
----
No longer in the industry

grover

by grover

The 2016 SuperX has a 68mm bottom bracket shell. Arms, spindle, spacers all the same as a road bike. Just get a 1x chainring.

The current generation SuperX with wider bottom bracket shell (83mm) that requires a longer spindle was introduced in 2017. The arms are the same as a road bike. You need a 119mm spindle for 1x and 125mm spindle for 2x.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

grover wrote:The 2016 SuperX has a 68mm bottom bracket shell. Arms, spindle, spacers all the same as a road bike. Just get a 1x chainring.

The current generation SuperX with wider bottom bracket shell (83mm) that requires a longer spindle was introduced in 2017. The arms are the same as a road bike. You need a 119mm spindle for 1x and 125mm spindle for 2x.
I have the Si non hollowgram crank set x1

4iiii can put only a howllowgram version of the crank, thats why i was thinking if i can buy a road hollowgram 2x crank and just convert it to 1x and put a power meter on the arm after!Image

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

I did this with a 2019 SuperX.

I had non-Hollowgram crank arms (1x).

Bought a Stages L Hollowgram crank arm PM.

Bought a full Hollowgram chainset (2x) from eBay, used the R arm, kept the L as a spare. At the time, it was the only way I could get a matching one (older decals). However now you should simply be able to buy the other crank arm directly. No need to buy a full chainset - eBay or bike shop. Use your existing spindle.

There is a special tool to remove chainrings from Hollowgram, but may be possible to bodge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Pottermouse wrote:I did this with a 2019 SuperX.

I had non-Hollowgram crank arms (1x).

Bought a Stages L Hollowgram crank arm PM.

Bought a full Hollowgram chainset (2x) from eBay, used the R arm, kept the L as a spare. At the time, it was the only way I could get a matching one (older decals). However now you should simply be able to buy the other crank arm directly. No need to buy a full chainset - eBay or bike shop. Use your existing spindle.

There is a special tool to remove chainrings from Hollowgram, but may be possible to bodge.
Wait, so you mean that the hollowgram arm will fit
on my non hollowgram si crank?

So i just need to buy the arm thats it? I dont mind the not matching arms,just need a power meter work