Orbea Terra 2017 Gravel/CX Bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

launchoverittt

by launchoverittt

ToffieBoi wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am
On the road, I really enjoy the bike. It is not a road bike of course but with 27mm road tires it gives everything you need. I got many PR's and top 10's on Strava with this bike, I have no complaints.
On gravel, bike is fun! Has a really stable geometry, perfect on slow speeds but still fast enough on corners. But since that is my first gravel bike, I can't compare it with anything so for that, I recommend you Gravel Cyclist website. Jayson there took his Terra to the Dirty Kanza this year and I guess his review about the bike will be the most accurate one.
ToffieBoi, can I ask how you're liking your Terra these days? Do you think it'd work decently well as an endurance road bike?

My Situation:
- I'm looking to upgrade from a late-90's Cannondale CAAD3
- My LBS sells Orbea
- I mostly do longer road rides, but I'd like the option for bigger tires (like 32+) for occasional gravel rides (so the Avant isn't an option)

Based on your experience do you think this could be a good fit? I don't need the peak of endurance performance by any means, just want to make sure it'd be fairly comfortable for long road rides and that there aren't any pitfalls I'm not anticipating.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Snabb

by Snabb

Not a good picture but I really wanted to go out riding. Will post better pictures later. I bought this bike as a allround bike, I like to ride tarmac and gravel. Road bikes are great for 3 months in the summer but I want to have fun 365 days a year. This bike feels as fast as a road bike, so you enjoy every ride even in crap weather. Don`t know if I will keep my MTB or change it for a road bike for the summer. I like the 2x 11 gearing and the new ultegra clutch derallieur. I really want to try some 27-30 mm tyres and ride some strade bianchi type roads in the spring.
Ride lots!