NINER BSB RDO v1 build (Images re-linked)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

The Di2 install was my own idea, and it takes a bit of modifying or butchering of components to fit.

First off you need to machine a groove in the stems steerer clamp to route the wire up through it, ( i did mine aligned with the stem to retain the stems strength. )
The Di2 wire then runs along the underside of the stem and up the slot between the fork steerer and stem.
There is then a groove cut into the top of the fork steerer to allow the cable to drop down into the steerer.

The top cap is in fact a 5mm headset spacer with a thin plastic disc bonded to it, which is then covered in CF affect vinyl wrap to get a clean finish. The spacer also has a groove to clear the Di2 cable and a support platform to bond the Di2 junction A to the underside of it.
I squeezed the spacer in a vice to ovalise it such that it gripped the top of the steerer.

The Acros headset top bearing cover is an I lock type, this is a 1 1/8" version used by Cube but it is the same as the 1 1/4" version used on Canyon bikes.
it is split into 2 pieces that interlock with a ramp feature, with an adjusting grubscrew that rotates the two parts and preloads the headset bearing.

To fit it, i used a standard headset topcap first with the Ilock adjuster backed off. tightened the stem and then swapped the top cap to my Di2 version. any headset tweeking could then be done with the I-lock preload adjuster.

They may be Aero bars but they are comfy and the Di2 junction is hidden within the stem part, also i can use a standard headset topbearing cover and compression plug.
Last edited by motorapido on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bhaalgorn

by Bhaalgorn

Ahh, very cool. Makes sense nice. Nice work, mate! Thanks for the response!

Don't think I'll be attempting this on my BSB, but still admire your creativity.