Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

Skokartong wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi!

First time posting here, i´m a swede with quite limited vocabulary, sorry about that.

I´m currently on a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX, size XL, as my road bike. My gravel bike is a Rose Xeon CDX Gravel in size 59.
Now to the problem, I have cracked the frame on my Rose. The chain skipped when I was doing intervals. The chain got stuck between the crankset and the frame while I was pushing maximal power.

I feel like it is to expensive to buy a similar frameset once again, thus I have started looking at these chinese options.

I am using the bike as a gravel bike during summer time, and in the winter time it is my go to-bike for every training that I do outdoors.

This seems to be a forum with people that have extensive knowledge about these frames, it seems like a good place to ask.
What options do I have when it comes to frame. I am looking for something that is similar to the Rose. Preferably in matt black just like my Canyon.

The idea is to strip the Rose of everything, så i just need a frame and fork. I will be riding hydraulic disc brakes and Ultegra Di2 with the battery in the seat post. I need it to be thru axle at both ends and flat mount for the brakes.

Sorry for the long post!

/Kristoffer
If it's not too late: the Carbonda 505 (http://www.carbonda.com/road/gravel/cfr505.html) is very popular and a good deal. My wife rides one and is very happy. Not very expensive, either. But of course, check the geometry relative to your Rose before taking a decision :-)
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldmac

by oldmac

arctic84 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:41 pm
oldmac wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am
My Workswellbikes WCB-C-112 frame
Hi, could i ask how tall you are?

i'm 5'6 (167cm) with a 28" (71cm) inseam. I just ordered a 52cm.. but i'm starting to think i should've gone 49.

Looking to get some input from anyone who might have a better understanding. thank you!
I am 161cm with 73cm inseam, I think you didn't pull hard enough to measure your inseam :lol:

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

@Frisco:

Did you get the chance to go for a ride? How was your experience?

I've ordered the same frame....... Now I'm a bit affraid of

a) your problems about the bolts which seemed not to be correct
b) the back layed seat post you mentioned in another forum/thread resulting your seat postion too far behind the bottom bracket.

Any input/thoughts?

Cheers,
Dennis

Frisco

by Frisco

Yes I have ridden the bike a bit and have no issue with the frame. I didn’t see any quality issues with the construction, and the bolt issue with the derailleur was easy to fix. The only complaint is that the seatpost can’t be replaced which is an annoyance, but considering the price I’m not too worked up.

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

Many thanks for getting back to me!

Ok, I'm going to write Lisa from https://seraph.aliexpress.com/store/1923199 about the bolt issue and will ask her if they can have special attention to this topic before they pack and send the item.

Mhh... I assume you've moved your saddle as much as possible towards the stem..... Still not enough? Didn't you find an alternative seat post with this measurement?
Can imagine that, if you won't be able to fit the bike according to your needs, you might end up with knee problems, etc. :( Would be a pitty since 630 bucks are 630 bucks.

jockstick

by jockstick

Anyone have experience with "Spcycle" aka "Desal Sports Equipment Co., Ltd."? They seem to sell the same frames as BXT and Tideace at a slightly lower price.

I'm looking at this frame in particular https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smilete ... 3c00xAV3VQ

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Hi all! I've been a long time lurker of this thread!

Ive got my hands on a 3t Exploro that is 15x100mm Post mount TA fork. My other bike is 12x100. For ease of swapping wheels between bikes, i'd like to switch my exploro to a 12x100 fork. The 3T solution is their $700 Fango fork which is a bit more than id like to spend. I've also considered a Lauf fork, but those look kinda lame to me...

I'm wondering if someone can point me to an open mold alternative that will do the same thing. Ideally flat mount (I already have a flat mount caliper). And if it could come painted white, that would also be a bonus.

ooo

by ooo

$109 @ aliexpress
'

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

flashpunk wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Ive got my hands on a 3t Exploro that is 15x100mm Post mount TA fork. My other bike is 12x100. For ease of swapping wheels between bikes, i'd like to switch my exploro to a 12x100 fork. The 3T solution is their $700 Fango fork which is a bit more than id like to spend. I've also considered a Lauf fork, but those look kinda lame to me...

I'm wondering if someone can point me to an open mold alternative that will do the same thing. Ideally flat mount (I already have a flat mount caliper). And if it could come painted white, that would also be a bonus.
get some different end caps for the hubs... most can be switched in seconds.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

flashpunk

by flashpunk

ooo wrote:$109 @ aliexpress
Thanks for that!!
Know of any that offer paining?

flashpunk

by flashpunk

spdntrxi wrote:
flashpunk wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:06 pm

get some different end caps for the hubs... most can be switched in seconds.
Thought about that but honestly I'll have to buy a few sets, and by that point I might as well just get the fork.

ooo

by ooo

@flashpunk they can do custom paint only for big orders (50 pcs)
(They can't make 3k color fork for 1pc order, I am still looking for 3k flat mount forks)
'

motorapido

by motorapido

Finally got mine up and running, Hadelei Tideace CX039 TA 3T Exploro Clone,

Road setup,
ImageIMG_5364 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
OffRoad setup,
ImageIMG_5370 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Drivetrain is FSAcranks Shimano Di2 mechs and shift levers customised to fit SRAM HydroR brakes,

jemima

by jemima

@motorapido,

what saddle is that?
Curve Grovel ti.

motorapido

by motorapido

Its a cheap Chinese carbon saddle i covered with some 1mm thick leather. I just sprayed it with a good contact adhesive and stuck it on. wrapped the edges and it seems to hold and looks ok. The only thing was the leather has stained darker in some areas, I thought it might lighten as it dried if it was solvent from the glue, but its seems to be permanent.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com