Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Marin

by Marin

motorapido wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 am
DutchMountains, you can kind off run a mixture,
I remove the Sram shift mechanism and brake lever from the brake body, and replace it with a modified Di2 shift lever with its electronics pack.
Now that's a cool hack, consider me impressed! =0

ooo

by ooo

Who is making 12x100 forks for 40-622 or 400mm axle-crown?

I have found Pavi sports, they list UD Matte/Glossy, but I want 3K Glossy

Pavi FK06-FM (45c)
Pavi FK09-FM (34c)
'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frisco

by Frisco

I am still waiting to finish my build but can report a couple observations. The main issues I have seen so far are with the bolts.

The supplied seat clamp bolt is about 5mm too short and it only threaded into the clamp assembly a couple mm. The top two pieces in the clamp appear to be sized for a M6 bolt, but the bottom threaded piece is tapped for a M5. They supply a narrow head M5 without a washer, and the bolt head swims inside the counter sunk hole and seems like it needs either a washer or needs to be retapped to fit a M6. I got a new bolt that I cut to length so it threads in completely and added a washer so the force is distributed a bit more uniformly.

The two front derailleur bolts supplied are cap heads which are 2.5mm thick and too big, and the heads prevented the derailleur from seating properly. I had to get some low profile flat head bolts which have 1.5mm thick heads, and the derailleur then installed correctly.

The bike is also specified as being compatible with 700x40mm tires, but it appears that it might require running 1x. My 38mm GK SKs only have about 1mm of clearance between the front derailleur and the rear tire. You might be able to add washers behind the derailleur hanger to run bigger tires but it would need to be tested.

Hopefully my bike gets its first ride within a week.

Frisco

by Frisco

spdntrxi wrote:^ nice... cranks, chain, pedals... ~8.5kg + likely.
With a pair of my road pedals fitted it is ending up at 8.1kg

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Frisco wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:56 pm
spdntrxi wrote:^ nice... cranks, chain, pedals... ~8.5kg + likely.
With a pair of my road pedals fitted it is ending up at 8.1kg
not bad..let me know how those bars work... they make my eastons seam porkly.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

AngryBee

by AngryBee

I bought a chiner gravel bike last month, came in friday. For giggles, I threw on a set of 2.2" rear and 2.35" front wheels I have and they fit without a problem. This bike is going to be a riot to ride on the local single track when it's ready this spring. I don't like the white color and sticker scheme, but it was a price mistake that I took advantage of. Going to do an ultegra Di2 build on this frame, so any knowlege with respect to the junction boxes and cable routing appreciated. I hope to put the upper box in a stem that's built to hold the box, and I plan to put the lower one inside the seat tube as well as the battery.

Frame: BXT-CX-039
Fork: BXT-CX-039
Wheels: 650B carbon tubeless NON-BOOST wheels 30x30 straight pull 15X100 12X142, black nipples, no logo, Shimano Driver
Brakes/Shifter: Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8070 Hydraulic Disc Brake Dual Control Lever & Caliper
Cranks: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000 2x11spd 175mm 36-46T
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11spd 11-32T (pay extra for 34T?)
BB: Shimano Pressfit PF-86
Derailleur, R: Ultegra Di2 RX RD-RX805 GS 2x11-speed Rear Derailleur (34T Max)
Derailleur, F: Shimano Ultegra Di2 2x11-speed Front Derailleur FD-R8050 Braze On
Handlebar Junction A: Junction Box A, mounted under the stem, to Junction Box B, inside the frame. Or Internal E-Tube Di2 Internal Junction-A - EW-RS910
Lower Junction B: Junction Box B, The lower, or “B” junction, comes in two forms — an external (SM-JC40) and an internal version (SM-JC41). The external version is fastened underneath the bottom bracket. The internal version is generally tucked inside either the seat tube or down tube through the bottom bracket shell.
Shifter Di2 Wireless Unit EW-WU101 D-Fly ANT+ / Bluetooth
Battery: RITCHEY DI2 SEATPOST BATTERY MOUNT
Battery: BT-DN110-A Di2 Battery for internal mounting

Tires: Aspen 27.5x2.10" TR EXO Dual 120 Folding
Chain: SL
Rotors: ASHIMA Ai2 160mm
HS: CC
Bar: Salsa Woodchipper Carbon Drop Bar 31.8 42cm Black
Stem DI2 Compatible
Seatpost: Inc.
Seatpost Clamp: Inc.
Thru Axle, R: Inc.
Thru Axle, F: Inc.

Frisco

by Frisco

AngryBee wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:15 pm
Going to do an ultegra Di2 build on this frame, so any knowlege with respect to the junction boxes and cable routing appreciated. I hope to put the upper box in a stem that's built to hold the box, and I plan to put the lower one inside the seat tube as well as the battery.

Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11spd 11-32T (pay extra for 34T?)
Derailleur, R: Ultegra Di2 RX RD-RX805 GS 2x11-speed Rear Derailleur (34T Max)
Derailleur, F: Shimano Ultegra Di2 2x11-speed Front Derailleur FD-R8050 Braze On
Handlebar Junction A: Junction Box A, mounted under the stem, to Junction Box B, inside the frame. Or Internal E-Tube Di2 Internal Junction-A - EW-RS910
Lower Junction B: Junction Box B, The lower, or “B” junction, comes in two forms — an external (SM-JC40) and an internal version (SM-JC41). The external version is fastened underneath the bottom bracket. The internal version is generally tucked inside either the seat tube or down tube through the bottom bracket shell.
Shifter Di2 Wireless Unit EW-WU101 D-Fly ANT+ / Bluetooth
Battery: RITCHEY DI2 SEATPOST BATTERY MOUNT
Battery: BT-DN110-A Di2 Battery for internal mounting
congrats. you can actually go with a bigger cassette if you want. The derailleur will clear at least a 42T without a road link if you want the extra gears. I have 46/30 and 11-42 XT cassette. There's alot of margin relative to the official specifications on the derailleur. With the right Di2 bars you should be able to use the bar end plug and internally wire thru the bars, and if the frame is compatible you should be able to internally mount the B junction.

AngryBee

by AngryBee

Frisco wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm
congrats. you can actually go with a bigger cassette if you want. The derailleur will clear at least a 42T without a road link if you want the extra gears. I have 46/30 and 11-42 XT cassette. There's alot of margin relative to the official specifications on the derailleur. With the right Di2 bars you should be able to use the bar end plug and internally wire thru the bars, and if the frame is compatible you should be able to internally mount the B junction.
Thank You. I ordered the 34T ultegra late last week. I do have an XT 11-42T I can throw on there if need be and use the ultegra on something else. I planned on doing the bar-end "A" box using a DI2 carbon bar. I've mostly convinced myself the internal "B" box will mount in the hugeish open area of the bottom bracket. Now I need to look at how to mount a battery on that dumb oval seapost. Once I get the cable lengths close enough to order my parts, I'll place an order from overseas to save some money. The seatpost battery looks like it has to be sourced from the states. I've got till spring to finish, so I'll do my homework before ordering the rest of the parts.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Anyone tried an ICAN GRA02? Just about to order one, looking forward to it arriving. Don't read too much about them online

ultreia

by ultreia

Does someone knows what is the open mould of this frame?
https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-cx- ... 31480.html

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Looks like a Workswell WCB-C-112

Skokartong

by Skokartong

Hi!

First time posting here, i´m a swede with quite limited vocabulary, sorry about that.

I´m currently on a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX, size XL, as my road bike. My gravel bike is a Rose Xeon CDX Gravel in size 59.
Now to the problem, I have cracked the frame on my Rose. The chain skipped when I was doing intervals. The chain got stuck between the crankset and the frame while I was pushing maximal power.

I feel like it is to expensive to buy a similar frameset once again, thus I have started looking at these chinese options.

I am using the bike as a gravel bike during summer time, and in the winter time it is my go to-bike for every training that I do outdoors.

This seems to be a forum with people that have extensive knowledge about these frames, it seems like a good place to ask.
What options do I have when it comes to frame. I am looking for something that is similar to the Rose. Preferably in matt black just like my Canyon.

The idea is to strip the Rose of everything, så i just need a frame and fork. I will be riding hydraulic disc brakes and Ultegra Di2 with the battery in the seat post. I need it to be thru axle at both ends and flat mount for the brakes.

Sorry for the long post!

/Kristoffer

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Check whether your hubs can be adapted for different axle sizes, as I think the Xeon is 10mm rear and 15mm front. A lot of the newer Chinese frames seem to be 12mm rear and 12/15mm front. There’s a few good looking frames posted up in the thread history, I was poised to go for a Carbonda CFR505 but ordered from ICAN instead. They’ll all come matte black UD carbon finish as standard

MattMay

by MattMay

Don’t give up on the frame. Carbon repairs these days actually provide a stronger frame. I cracked the chainstay of my 3T Exploro and sent it to a carbon repair shop. Under $400 US to inspect, repair, paint and ship. I don’t know if there are any such shops within reasonable shipping distance from you though. Where I live (California) there are many options. For example Calfee, a well known framemaker (https://calfeedesign.com/carbon-repair/ ... ir-mobile/). These days ancracked frame is not nearly the end of the world, they can do amazing stuff. And many shops here are certified by bike manufacturers so your warranty is not voided.

Before and after shots:

They weren’t able to duplicate the logo, but I don’t care about that.

Worth an investigation!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arctic84

by arctic84

oldmac wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am
My Workswellbikes WCB-C-112 frame
Hi, could i ask how tall you are?

i'm 5'6 (167cm) with a 28" (71cm) inseam. I just ordered a 52cm.. but i'm starting to think i should've gone 49.

Looking to get some input from anyone who might have a better understanding. thank you!