Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ymerej

by Ymerej

I had an awesome easy professional experience with Carbonda, I started an email enquirer asking about the 696 December 29, 2020 after a couple emails, payment was sent January 1, 2021. Received the frame February 1, 2021. Riding gravel forums has 200 pages over 4K replies sharing their experience with Carbonda and their builds.Which I would say most have been positive. At least 4 bike companies maybe more are using Carbonda frames.
Don’t listen to someone who just joined 2 days ago with 1 post in just to throw Carbonda under the bus.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

fixxxy wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 pm
Hi guys. Please be careful with Alex from Carbona. I sent Alex an email with my order over six months ago, We are now half a year later and my order still hasn’t come through. My emails keep being ignored or Alex tells me he accidentally missed them. Please be careful about spending large amounts of money with this company. I’m pretty much done with them.
Let's see, just joined, one post knocking a company, not suspicious at all (sarcasm)

jever98

by jever98

FWIW - I have ordered a number of frames from Carbonda, as have 3 friends. Thus far, they have always come through, but each transaction has taken longer than initially discussed. Mostly the timelines to get frames painted (each one of them was painted) took longer. The quality was always good, but they are not fast.
----
No longer in the industry

crazy brit

by crazy brit

Just one data point here, but I first contacted Carbonda on 31st Dec, custom painted frameset arrived in Canada 21st Jan, so 3 weeks.

jever98

by jever98

@crazy brit - did you have any decals, etc., or a single color? Anything that's not a single color takes a lot longer to agree and to get produced.
----
No longer in the industry

crazy brit

by crazy brit

jever98 wrote:@crazy brit - did you have any decals, etc., or a single color? Anything that's not a single color takes a lot longer to agree and to get produced.
2 colours, no decals:Image

Aesch

by Aesch

Ymerej wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:11 pm
I had an awesome easy professional experience with Carbonda, I started an email enquirer asking about the 696 December 29, 2020 after a couple emails, payment was sent January 1, 2021. Received the frame February 1, 2021. Riding gravel forums has 200 pages over 4K replies sharing their experience with Carbonda and their builds.Which I would say most have been positive. At least 4 bike companies maybe more are using Carbonda frames.
Don’t listen to someone who just joined 2 days ago with 1 post in just to throw Carbonda under the bus.
Nice colour, looks dark green metallic, right?
which did you choose? (for future ref. :))

Ymerej

by Ymerej

So the color is called “rainbow” that I got looks black in low light and really lights up in the sunlight. They have another one called blue chameleon not sure if they are still still using it. $125 to paint

Sorry for the for the bad photos trying to hold everything and take the pictures

kroem

by kroem

Ymerej wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:37 pm
So the color is called “rainbow” that I got looks black in low light and really lights up in the sunlight. They have another one called blue chameleon not sure if they are still still using it. $125 to paint

Sorry for the for the bad photos trying to hold everything and take the pictures
That looks amazing. Congrats!
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

Aesch

by Aesch

Yes, my frame is blue chameleon!

Made a design with bronze metallic combo, frame is en route!

Ymerej

by Ymerej

Your stoked!! take a picture when you get it. I’m still waiting on my wheels and I haven’t even ordered a group set yet so... it’s still going to be a few.

Aesch

by Aesch

So, it's finally time to show my (nearly) finished 696 :) . I've ridden ~400km so far and it's great!

To do:
- cut steerer tube (there are 2 expanders in there now to support the stem and be able to compress Headset).
- Re bleed front brake. It works but is a bit soft.
- protection tape rear chain stay.
- new bar tape (this wrap is a first try to go top to bottom, not liking it). 

It's chameleon blue with metallic Orange combo. Really comes to life in the sun like I hoped! 
Wheels are DT Swiss Gr 1600, carbonda seatpost and ritchey wcs finishing kit. Some wolftooth and carbon-ti vanity parts ;) 

Minor issues with the build were:
- some internal rubbing on the steerer tube = easily fixed with a few seconds of Light sanding. 
- wcs closed ring for ritchey Headset did not fit, I used the open ring that came with the carbonda Headset and that was easy. Split also within expected 1-2mm gap and it works well so I just accepted that (instead of trying to find where to adjust 0.1mm of extra resin in the fork crown race area). 
- fixed transport damage on fork with clear nailpolish, no bother for me. 

Other than that it took me about a day to do everything and then a few separate hours to dial in fit etc. Expect a few more to finish it. 

What I wont do again is try cheap bottle cages, first ride they fell apart. 

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

Carbonda 696
Grx di2
PRIME kanza carbon 650b with 45mm tires

I've buyed a set of Velosa Cx45 sl wheelset for road use, but it's imposible to mount the tires ImageImage

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

Another wheels Image

kidrob

by kidrob

Jonolsson wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:15 pm
Carbonda 696
Grx di2
PRIME kanza carbon 650b with 45mm tires

I've buyed a set of Velosa Cx45 sl wheelset for road use, but it's imposible to mount the tires ImageImage

Looking good! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com