Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

I find, it's also name FM606 and BBdrop is 69.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tetlej

by tetlej

Anyone using Flyxii fr-803 http://www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTSDetial?product_id=298 ? From geometry and photos it looks like 2021 hook ext c, actually the fr-802 is 2020 hook ext c.

Frisco

by Frisco

tetlej wrote:Anyone using Flyxii fr-803 http://www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTSDetial?product_id=298 ? From geometry and photos it looks like 2021 hook ext c, actually the fr-802 is 2020 hook ext c.
Isn’t that the same as canbonda 696 and tantan gr040?

tetlej

by tetlej

Frisco wrote:
Isn’t that the same as canbonda 696 and tantan gr040?
Looks the same as 696. I've ordered one few days ago to replace my tired trek crockett.

kroem

by kroem

Ruben58 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:35 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 pm
Ruben58 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am
I have also been trying to get my hands on the GR039 for a LONG time now. I am told they changed the mold to BSA threaded BB and have slightly changed geometry because of the wishes of a big customer (might we see a known brand release a GR039 based bike soon?). I'm personally quite happy with the change to BSA threaded BB. I'm expecting it to ship within a week, maybe two, but at this point their track record of promising to ship to me within X days is pretty useless.
From who did you order? Tantan?

What changes are supposed to be made in the geometry? The only thing that has been mentioned in the thread that put me off is the low (high) BB drop of 56 mm, if that has changed it would be really nice, cause otherwise, I think it looks great on paper.

I am still waiting until to 23rd of June to get my dispute on PP finished.

I have also already ordered an Italian handmade Basso Palta frame instead :P 2.5 times the price but probably worth it.
Yes I did order thru Tantan themselves. With regards to geometry, that is exactly what they have changed. The New BB drop is 63mm.
Did you get it yet?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

kroem

by kroem

Anyone got their GR039 yet? Looking to swap out my GR029 to get a zero offset seatpost... and upgrade fever :D
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

Rubaaaa

by Rubaaaa

I ordered a 58cm GR039 just yesterday, will keep you updated. Rose from TanTan told me it will take up to 2 months for it to ship as it is build to order i guess. So don't expect any news from me for the coming 2 months...

kroem

by kroem

Rubaaaa wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:18 am
I ordered a 58cm GR039 just yesterday, will keep you updated. Rose from TanTan told me it will take up to 2 months for it to ship as it is build to order i guess. So don't expect any news from me for the coming 2 months...
Nice! I think I'll order mine from Winow, speedier responses - but they're just a reseller so would go as fast I guess... (they say mid November...)
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

Rubaaaa

by Rubaaaa

kroem wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am
Nice! I think I'll order mine from Winow, speedier responses - but they're just a reseller so would go as fast I guess... (they say mid November...)
Rose said the factory was real busy + I have mine painted matte green which is gonna take another week I guess.
Maybe if your order standard matte black it'll go quicker?
Please update us when you receive yours, kinda curious how long they will take over at winow.

kroem

by kroem

Rubaaaa wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:23 pm
kroem wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am
Rose said the factory was real busy + I have mine painted matte green which is gonna take another week I guess.
Maybe if your order standard matte black it'll go quicker?
Please update us when you receive yours, kinda curious how long they will take over at winow.
I think I might be getting mine in raw carbon weave...
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

Mimmo89

by Mimmo89

While waiting for my GR039 to be delivered (ordered back in August, still no news) I was looking at some bolt on mudguards options; I tried to ask Vivian from TanTan, but she wasn't really helpful.
The only mounts that I can see from pictures are on the outside of the seatstays (top and bottom) and on the top of the fork; nothing on the fork blades and no seatstay/chainstay bridge.
What do you guys recommend and/or managed to fit?ImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

NLC86

by NLC86

What are, right now, the most reliable and safest frame I can get from far east directly from the OEM?
Apparently the CArbonda CFR696 is the most appreciated here and also on other forums. Are there any other OEM/models you would suggest?

by7

by by7

Frisco wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:28 pm
Here’s the gr040 that replaced my GR039. GR040 is the same geometry as CFR696 from what I could tell, except the BB is BB86. It has a longer wheel base and chainstay, with significantly more tire clearance. I have 700x38 now and will try 43. It took 6 weeks to get due to the increased shipping time.

The only difficulty that I had during the build was routing the Di2 wire through the chainstay. The connector end kept getting stuck at the narrow point of the chainstay, and I ended up cutting and resoldering the wire to get it built. I used an old mech wire with electrical tape or shrink wrap, but perhaps that increases the diameter too much. The vendor claimed it will go through with a magnet guide tool that snaps into the connector end, and I ordered one of the jagwire guide tools to try again so I can use a non soldered wire. If anyone else has routed the Di2 wire successfully through the chainstay please comment.

Also I forgot to weigh the bike, but It weighs a ton. The GR039 build came in right at 8kg, so I expect this will weigh in somewhere up around 8.5kg.

I had the same issue with the chainstay and Di2 wire.. it kept get stuck in the narrow point, despite me using the parktool di2 magnets, etc...few hundreds swear words later, I resorted to take a round file and worked the inside of the chainstay until it was smoothen out. I also used a small drill bit (maybe 3mm).
My impression is that the inner of the chainstay was somehow with some resin's burrs, etc... once I worked it out, it was quick (always with parktool magnet , etc)

by7

by by7

Just finished the assembly of this Tantan C9 cyclocross frame. I bought the frame in 2019 and never had the time to do the assembly until now... in time for a 2020-21 CX season which is NOT going to happen... so I will have to wait fall 2021.
Frame is 1.1kg in size 54 (which is a 56 virtual top tube). Total built is 8.1Kg with these Stan's Crest Alu wheelset (which I recovered from a MTB...). With race-ready carbon tubolars, I guess it might go down to 7.8kg.
I used Ultegra Di2, with short cage RD but it can handle a 46/36 x 11/34 without problems.
- Praxi cranks, because I had one around with 4iiii powermeter on the left crank... 46/36. BB is BSA (I love this)
- Seatpost came together with the frame
- I chose 2x 11s so that I can also use it as road bike, enough to change the 46 to a 50...

The frame seems solid, good contruction and finish. I will post once I have a decent try.
The only downside is the terrible matt painting which attracts fingerprint from a mile.
Other remarks:
- now with 37mm tyres, it is claimed to fit up to 42mm..
- I struggled with the Di2 cable on the rear chainstay because of some burrs inside, etc... I solved the problem with some filing smoothing out the inside of the chainstay. All other cables went smooth like silk (with parktool magnet, etc).
- The frame come with everything to be used either with electronic or mechanical shifting (grommets, etc), but I saw on their website that newer version are Di2 dedicated...
- I am not totally satisfied with the alignement rear caliper / rear disk and I am studyng if it can be improved with a partial thin shim under the caliper to change the working angle. (because I want to keep the brake disk with the same alignement of my other bike so that I can exchange wheelsets freely). I cannot be 100% if the frame is not perfectly faced or else.

if you cannot see the pictures, I put another post in the gallery where they are visible,,,
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=164122

ms6073

by ms6073

Nice but you might want to remove the organge decal from the front derailleur cage befre you go ride.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com