Tyre and wheels: tarmac/gravel (Winter) - Now with pic.

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Marin

by Marin

One issue with the Strada Biancas: Unlike tires from Vittoria and some others, the tan sidewalls aren't sealed, so they will quickly look dirty after a ride in the rain, and they can't be cleaned. There is sealant available to remedy this though.

addict

by addict

think 18/20 wide inner tubes doesn't fit 30mm wide tires?

Champ5000

by Champ5000

Marin wrote:One issue with the Strada Biancas: Unlike tires from Vittoria and some others, the tan sidewalls aren't sealed, so they will quickly look dirty after a ride in the rain, and they can't be cleaned. There is sealant available to remedy this though.

Ohh - Didn’t know that - However on the positive site the bike will look like it is being used :D

addict wrote:think 18/20 wide inner tubes doesn't fit 30mm wide tires?

I know I have ordered the tubes in a small size. I have read several places that this size can be used for larger tires. I will keep you updated whether it is a success or not.

I ordered this size since I read that larger latex tubes for other manufactores did't held up.

basilic

by basilic

I once bought the 20/22 michelins by mistake, no problem using them in tires up to 28.
To me the 23s feel like they have too much material there. Now I buy the 20/22 on purpose...

Champ5000

by Champ5000

Hi All

Thank you for your comments and thoughts.

Completed the build last month and have since ridden the bike a couple of times.

The tubes 18-22 works fine with the 30c tire.

I have had not issues with the 1x10 meaning no problem with dropping the chain and no problem with a chain to loose due to the rear derailleur made for 2 x 10.

I will overtime change the handlebar to a Thomson.

As below chart shows the bike is not even close to being light – however this was not the target.
The target was to build a winter bike with reliable parts and not blowing the budget.