Notubes Crest/Iron Cross - real world experience with psi

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bhaalgorn

by Bhaalgorn

thprice wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 pm
Update on Grail with Maxxis Rambler EXO 120. They initially went on OK but now even if I pump to maximum pressure of 75psi they do not seat properly. Also found punctures were more frequent with them. Not going to use them again.
I'm sure you've tried this, but figure I'll ask in the odd chance you haven't... but have you sprayed soapy water all around the bead interface prior to inflating? That usually fixes the problem for me.

There's no reason a Grail and Rambler shouldn't work fine. I wish I hadn't just sold my Grails because I'd try my Ramblers hanging up.

by Weenie

thprice

by thprice

Soapy water maybe fine at home but my issue is when I am out in the dessert or back country and get a puncture.

AJS914

by AJS914

You carry a spare tube. Or, you use a tubeless repair kit like Dynaplug.

http://www.dynaplug.com/

Bhaalgorn

by Bhaalgorn

thprice wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:21 am
Soapy water maybe fine at home but my issue is when I am out in the dessert or back country and get a puncture.
I think that's simply a potential pitfall to tubeless tires.

This actually happened to me recently. I was out on a ride with some very loose fitting Specialized Fast Trak 2Bliss tires paired to some ENVE M50s. I ran my pressure too low and/or must have had a small puncture along the way and I rolled the tire off bead. Between my buddy and I, we had 4 CO2 canisters and couldn't get the tire seated back correctly, so it kept losing air, plus it was extremely wobbly. I ended up walking back to the car.

jcrr

by jcrr

Updated table page 3
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"