New Trek Crockett (Major Updates - 10/3/2018, Di2)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Been riding my Crockett a whole lot more, since I got into Kanza. I decided to upgrade the fork to the 15mm T/A fork that Trek sells as an upgrade for these bikes. Overall, it's been an incredible ride, but I think I'm done upgrading this bike, and I'll be looking to get something new, in the future. I'm also running an 11-40 cassette in the back. Weight comes in around 9.35kg, so it's still a heavy bike, but it is comfortable.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

This bike has gone through so many combinations and iterations over the years. I've now decided to go back to my CX roots (although CX in Houston is very limited) and am throwing a SRAM Apex AXS groupset on it (the group came on my wife's new gravel bike and has no mileage). This will be my first SRAM build in a long time (and the first using their hydraulic system). I'm in the process of acquiring a couple of parts (I'll be going with the DUB BB86 Wide BB, rather than GXP, and post-mount calipers) and should start the rebuild soon.

I'll post some photos when it's done.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhender

by rhender

Is it almost time for Trek to release a new Crockett? Their strategy seems to be that they release the alloy equivalents of their flagship carbon frames delayed by around 2-3 MYs and the current model Boone was released for 2022. Will we see a new Crockett for 2024?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Dunno. Not sure if it makes sense to release another Crockett. It seems like CX is dead, and gravel is the way of the future. Given the popularity of the Checkpoint, I wouldn't doubt the Crockett continues on for a while.