choosing the correct frame size cyclocross bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

euan

by euan

It won't be a new Trek then because they have a 52cm bike on their geometry table for Ion and Cronus. And I have a 52cm bike.

I don't think I can help you any further.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

backflat

by backflat

i will check the book again.
i am looking at the bike with disc brakes.

euan

by euan

The Crossrip then. Its not really a cross bike, it is Trek's answer to the Tricross.

backflat

by backflat

so that bike is not even legal to race cyclo cross ?

man i don't have a clue on this class of bikes.

i want discs on my bike

thank you for so much assistance

euan

by euan

No it is legal im sure but I doubt you will be really riding UCI races anyway. It's just not a race bike. It is commuter or trail bike really. Longer and more relaxed than a CX bike and will handle accordingly.

backflat

by backflat

i want a race level bike.
but i want disc brakes

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Lots of brands are bringing out disc equipped cross bikes as stock this year, felt f65x and the specialized crux elite disc are two off the top of my head.
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

Cannondale is releasing a 2013 CaadX (which has disc brakes) bike this year as well. It is due to arrive soon

Devon

by Devon

I'm planning a fairly budget CX/messaround bike build towards the end of the summer for some fun over winter. However in sourcing a frame, should I be looking for something slightly shorter than I'd ride for road, or the same, or do CX frames already account for this with their sizing?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

alexh wrote:I'm planning a fairly budget CX/messaround bike build towards the end of the summer for some fun over winter. However in sourcing a frame, should I be looking for something slightly shorter than I'd ride for road, or the same, or do CX frames already account for this with their sizing?

just look at stack and reach. some* companies already account for this . Example i own a sl3 tarmac and crux from specialized. Both in "52" sizing. The crux is like 30mm taller stack and about 10 shorter reach 554 375, 526 386. Not too mention the difference in tube angles too. i fit the 52 tarmac ok, and like the 52 crux for CX.

quinner

by quinner

Sizing down makes the bike more flickable, but if you use it for long rides it will feel cramped. Depends how versatile you want it to be.