New Dugast Tread / Tires?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

pioneer

by pioneer

Hi-
I have heard that there is a new Dugast tread being ridden by the top riders. Does anyone know about this? How is it different than the typhoon tread? Any pics?
Thanks!

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Saw pics of these from World's. Dugast's with Michelin Treads

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

there are the white dugast called world champion
sold out for this year
if you want to have them
order nocw for next year -season !!!

the dugat with michelin treads :
you have to send a new michelin tire to dugast, they cut of the treads and lube it on the dugast tire

takes long.........
elmar

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

there is a new thread called "rhino" or something. i have one set and will make pics this afternoon, but maybe you'll have to wait for the pics until monday because at the moment i have no internet at home(moved to new flat). the thread is for muddy courses and is somehow the dugast-version of the michelin thread, because i think richard(from dugast)is tired of taking all those michelin tires apartto glue the threads onto his tubes.

pioneer

by pioneer

simon wrote:there is a new thread called "rhino" or something. i have one set and will make pics this afternoon,

Thanks Simon! I was wondering what the tires would look like. I was going to try some Michelin / Dugast for my wifes bike this year, but I never made the arrangements and went with the Typhoons instead.
-JD

coylifut

by coylifut

I've seen a few sets.

LINK

I've found that the Michelin Mud II tread pattern doesn't clear sticky mud well, cakes up and becomes treacherous when transitioning onto pavement. I prefer a traditional tubular tread pattern in those conditions. However, in wet-silty mud they can't be beat.

zank

by zank

JD, it looked like Meg had a blast at Sterling. She didn't stop smiling the whole race.

She looked like she had the course wired on the 2nd lap. Great bike-handling!

breeze

by breeze

I would like to continue this old thread with following question:

What are the circumstances, under that you would use the different Dugast tires?
What conditions are for Typhoon, Typhoon Flying Doctor and for Rhino the best?
So far i have only heared of the amazing advantages for Rhino in mud, but when/where would you use the other types?

Thanks for any comment.