Crux 2021?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

pro tip if you're running 38s on the frame. tape some can on the stays. i run 38 vittorias, and i let the rear wheel get a little out of true. only took a couple hundred miles. the edge of the rubber tread layer where it meets the carcass rubbed thru the paint a little bit (not the tread blocks themselves). doh!

by Weenie

rothwem

by rothwem

So I finally got around to cutting the steerer tube, I had just moved the stem up a bit after @FactoryMatt’s warning. I forgot that the front brake was internally routed and hydraulic though and I didn’t feel like having to bleed the brake afterwards, so this happened:

Yep, it’s as bad as it looks :D

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

o boy. that doesn't look like a fun time.

rothwem

by rothwem

FactoryMatt wrote:o boy. that doesn't look like a fun time.
Yeah the ergonomics weren’t great. I got it done though, but I wish I had one of those parktool saw guides though.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

My often road, rarely Groad crux rides like an "SL5" disc with more comfort. No problems on a 34ish km/h average bunch ride one morning then smashing along back roads and fire trails another. Started off as a gravel/rain/ergo build and fast became the most often ridden bike I own at times.

52/36 crank and 35mm tyres (Roubaix pro 30/32 tubeless on C38 rims) and the same reach as my SL6 with about 10mm more stack.

ImageImage
Using Tapatalk

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

these bikes are soo underrated and sneaky fast. awesome build.

niklasp

by niklasp

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm
Nice build. Yeah spesh spec of "OSBB" doesnt tell you much. Its technically a PF30 with bb30 cups glued in.

Not to be a stickler but on your stem setup, spesh recommends no spacers above the stem. At the very least you want to make sure the clamp area of the stem is not below the internal expansion plug.
Usually a spacer above the stem is needed for the stem to have 100% clamping on the fork. I ride with maybe 10mm spacers above the stem without problems. The bike is used for about 6000k right now.

Love my crux but how the hell could they just bump up the price like this? They're killing it.