Factor LS

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
gwerziou
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm
Location: Ballard, WA

by gwerziou

kode54 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 pm
Having owned a Factor O2 with PF30...I must say that Factor does a great job with PF30. I've had more issues with other PF30 so I can understand your concerns.

edit: I ordered a BBright Hambini BB and plan to use a THM crank.
I got interested in Factor recently from one of the cycling podcasts, I forget which one, which had a lengthy interview and it was clear that unlike many brands, these guys both own their own factory and really know what they are doing.
I'm going to a Chorus crankset so I'm not foreseeing any issues with BBright. Through previous experience I'm absolutely confident in Campy bottom brackets. The Easton cranks will be put to use somewhere else down the "N + 1" line...

by Weenie


mmendoza87
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:18 am
Location: Bay Area, California
Contact:

by mmendoza87

Here's a shot of the LS in a bigger size than the one shown on the website.

Image
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC48aSfFY8S/

gwerziou
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm
Location: Ballard, WA

by gwerziou

I'm really interested in seeing some reviews of this bike. I haven't seen anything online as to how it actually rides. From their other bikes, my guess is that it's nice... but that's just a guess.

MarkoP
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:48 pm

by MarkoP

gwerziou wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 pm
I'm really interested in seeing some reviews of this bike. I haven't seen anything online as to how it actually rides. From their other bikes, my guess is that it's nice... but that's just a guess.
Same here. I'm on the fence between this and 3T Exploro and wish there were more reviews about the LS.
2020 Scott Addict RC Ultimate

sigma
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

by sigma

MarkoP wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 pm
I'm really interested in seeing some reviews of this bike. I haven't seen anything online as to how it actually rides. From their other bikes, my guess is that it's nice... but that's just a guess.
Same here. I'm on the fence between this and 3T Exploro and wish there were more reviews about the LS.
I will have mine in about one week I think...
S-works Tarmac SL6
S-Works Venge
Factor VAM 02 disc
Trek Domane 2016 SLR
Cervelo C5 2018
Open U.P. gravel 2016

Retired
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi Mod 2016 (miss it very much)
Cervelo S3 2015
Cervelo R5 2012
Cervelo S2 2011

Nplus1
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:32 pm

by Nplus1

sigma wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 pm
MarkoP wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 pm
I'm really interested in seeing some reviews of this bike. I haven't seen anything online as to how it actually rides. From their other bikes, my guess is that it's nice... but that's just a guess.
Same here. I'm on the fence between this and 3T Exploro and wish there were more reviews about the LS.
I will have mine in about one week I think...
I'm also interested to read some opinions on this frame so please do share when you can. Thanks.

kode54
Posts: 1961
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

sigma wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 pm
MarkoP wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 pm
I'm really interested in seeing some reviews of this bike. I haven't seen anything online as to how it actually rides. From their other bikes, my guess is that it's nice... but that's just a guess.
Same here. I'm on the fence between this and 3T Exploro and wish there were more reviews about the LS.
I will have mine in about one week I think...
Same here. Another week for me to build it.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs <-- incoming
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

guadzilla
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 pm

by guadzilla

Well, i flipped my R5 frameset and picked up a Factor LS as well. 4-6 weeks for delivery. Am going to move most of my parts over from the R5 (Ultegra Di2 with Quarq DZero powermeter).

The only think i am not sure about is what seatpost to use. What are you guys planning?

gwerziou
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm
Location: Ballard, WA

by gwerziou

guadzilla wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 pm

The only think i am not sure about is what seatpost to use. What are you guys planning?
The seatpost on my current bike, because I already have it and it'll fit. If it was a new one, I'd probably go for the real high-zoot Ritchey job that has some flex to it.

sigma
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

by sigma

guadzilla wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Well, i flipped my R5 frameset and picked up a Factor LS as well. 4-6 weeks for delivery. Am going to move most of my parts over from the R5 (Ultegra Di2 with Quarq DZero powermeter).

The only think i am not sure about is what seatpost to use. What are you guys planning?
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
S-works Tarmac SL6
S-Works Venge
Factor VAM 02 disc
Trek Domane 2016 SLR
Cervelo C5 2018
Open U.P. gravel 2016

Retired
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi Mod 2016 (miss it very much)
Cervelo S3 2015
Cervelo R5 2012
Cervelo S2 2011

Visus
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm

by Visus

sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am
guadzilla wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Well, i flipped my R5 frameset and picked up a Factor LS as well. 4-6 weeks for delivery. Am going to move most of my parts over from the R5 (Ultegra Di2 with Quarq DZero powermeter).

The only think i am not sure about is what seatpost to use. What are you guys planning?
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
I always wondered about the flex in Darimo seatposts! So you say they are quite comfy?

sigma
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

by sigma

Visus wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 am
sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am
guadzilla wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Well, i flipped my R5 frameset and picked up a Factor LS as well. 4-6 weeks for delivery. Am going to move most of my parts over from the R5 (Ultegra Di2 with Quarq DZero powermeter).

The only think i am not sure about is what seatpost to use. What are you guys planning?
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
I always wondered about the flex in Darimo seatposts! So you say they are quite comfy?
I was very surprised the first time i felt the loops flex - i actually got off the bike to check to make sure the saddle was not coming off. But as I have ridden it more, I really like it and it takes the sting out of some of the hard hits.
S-works Tarmac SL6
S-Works Venge
Factor VAM 02 disc
Trek Domane 2016 SLR
Cervelo C5 2018
Open U.P. gravel 2016

Retired
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi Mod 2016 (miss it very much)
Cervelo S3 2015
Cervelo R5 2012
Cervelo S2 2011

guadzilla
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 pm

by guadzilla

sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
Does that flex feel inefficient when you are riding on tarmac? This bike is going to see 90% tarmac duty anyway.

tomato
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:37 pm

by tomato

guadzilla wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 pm
sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
Does that flex feel inefficient when you are riding on tarmac? This bike is going to see 90% tarmac duty anyway.
I had to google that seatpost to see what it was. Do they actually promote the flex as a positive attribute?

sigma
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

by sigma

tomato wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:48 pm
guadzilla wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 pm
sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am
Darimo T1 Loop. I actually like the flex in it for gravel. It's very similar to my Ergon seatpost (same as the Canyon VCLF) but a fraction of the weight.
Does that flex feel inefficient when you are riding on tarmac? This bike is going to see 90% tarmac duty anyway.
I had to google that seatpost to see what it was. Do they actually promote the flex as a positive attribute?
I don't notice it on the road tbh. I have never seen them promote it actively.
S-works Tarmac SL6
S-Works Venge
Factor VAM 02 disc
Trek Domane 2016 SLR
Cervelo C5 2018
Open U.P. gravel 2016

Retired
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi Mod 2016 (miss it very much)
Cervelo S3 2015
Cervelo R5 2012
Cervelo S2 2011

by Weenie


Post Reply