CX Wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fellrunner

by Fellrunner

I've entered this years Yorkshire Three Peaks Cyclocross race in September and after doing a recce of the route I've realised I need to upgrade my wheels.
I recently purched a 2018 Giant TCX SX and have upgraded the groupset to Sram Force 1x and now it's time for the wheels. I would real like them to be able
to take up 40mm tyres ( I'm aware I need to run 33mm in the race ) but other than that I have no particular preference. Any recommendations would gratefuly
received.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

For that kind of width I'd be looking for something like the HED Ardennes plus LT, which are 21mm internally and reasonably priced. They should be available in both rim brake and disc versions, but no personal experience with these, though (I'm on DT wheels measuring 18mm internally but only running 32mm tyres).

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

I have a Giant TCX and recently upgraded the wheels to Hunt 4 Season Gravel Disc. I'm using them tubeless with Panaracer Gravel King, very happy so far. Dropped around 600g of wheel / tyre weight when I changed them out, so definitely feels a bit more nimble! First choice was HED ARDENNES PLUS GP DISC BRAKE which is a similar weight, but twice the price here in AUS...obviously HED is of a higher quality but the Hunts have been great so far.

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/products ... eep-24wide
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

With those wider rims your 33mm tyre will measure more like 35-36mm. Something to consider regarding CX races.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Multebear

by Multebear

The DT 361 rims are very well suited for cx wheels. They'll easily take 40 mm tires. They are 22.5 inner width.