$500...What crank arm set?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

I'm in the same boat looking for something to replace my worn out FSA SL-K Mega's. They were really realiable and I must have over 10k miles on them now. I think I'm just going plain with Sram Red Black.

The Vumaquads are awesome in terms of weight but the lateral flex(cross chaining) and runout on the chainrings is an issue. I owned a set and so did my friend.. couldn't stand the it(run out). If those things don't bother you, then go for it. Just run extra space from your front der. The weight as claimed is accurate.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

sfcyclist1 wrote:I'm in the same boat looking for something to replace my worn out FSA SL-K Mega's. They were really realiable and I must have over 10k miles on them now. I think I'm just going plain with Sram Red Black.

The Vumaquads are awesome in terms of weight but the lateral flex(cross chaining) and runout on the chainrings is an issue. I owned a set and so did my friend.. couldn't stand the it(run out). If those things don't bother you, then go for it. Just run extra space from your front der. The weight as claimed is accurate.

Good info on the Vuma Quads. I've never used them, nice to have first hand input. I was always turned off by the 4 hole pattern, and lack of chainring availability so I went with Lightning.

by Weenie

eric

by eric

Raiju wrote:http://www.rotorbike.com/nueva/holandes/bsa30.htm

This is a BSA to BB30 conversion bracket it allows you to use a bb30 crank like cannondales Hollowgram SI crank in a normal BSA threaded frame.

A true BB30 crank won't fit in a BSA shell with external bearings. It will be too narrow.

Some cranks have a 30mm spindle that is longer than BB30 and will fit 30mm id external bearings in a BSA shell.

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

ProfessorChaos wrote:
sfcyclist1 wrote:I'm in the same boat looking for something to replace my worn out FSA SL-K Mega's. They were really realiable and I must have over 10k miles on them now. I think I'm just going plain with Sram Red Black.

Good info on the Vuma Quads. I've never used them, nice to have first hand input. I was always turned off by the 4 hole pattern, and lack of chainring availability so I went with Lightning.

Probabaly a combination of 4 arm and rings. Shimano pulled off 4 arm cranks off without issues. Their spider and chainring were one piece which I am sure helped.