The bike is DONE!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

What do you guys think of my avitar?

Should i remove it
47%
Leave it
26%
Just dont care
26%

Total votes: 34

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, you just have to use the supplied adapter plate. Retail is $250, assuming you can get as wholesale around $160.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

Tufo Elite Tubular clincher 635g

Hey spytec why these tires?

I have been considering getting some of these or something similar for one of my training wheels so i have a similar feel/ tread etc to my tubs. Are they durable and puncture proof? Goatheads in Colorado are killer thorns.

I went even heavier on my ssc sl's. Conti four season 3000's with regular vittoria tubes -the one with the pull out presta valves. I put stan's notubes sealant in the tubes. Puncture free with over 1000 miles. Good for around here

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

nzkiwiguy wrote:Tufo Elite Tubular clincher 635g

Hey spytec why these tires?

I have been considering getting some of these or something similar for one of my training wheels so i have a similar feel/ tread etc to my tubs. Are they durable and puncture proof? Goatheads in Colorado are killer thorns.

I went even heavier on my ssc sl's. Conti four season 3000's with regular vittoria tubes -the one with the pull out presta valves. I put stan's notubes sealant in the tubes. Puncture free with over 1000 miles. Good for around here

I put a little Tufo sealant in my tubulars for the same reason here, I pulled out eight thorns last time I checked a rear Veloflex Crit, no air loss was noticeable during the collection of them :!:
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

well the tires have excellent grip, plus they are very good in the rain, my friend that works at toga bike shop has them, i wanted to get these tires before he told me how good they were. so i took a test ride on his bike, and i felt very secure with them, alot better than those pro race, which i did not like in the rain.

the tire feels good, even at 130 psi they felt good in the turns. they are 315 grams, which would be like a 240 gram reg. clincher tire. 440tpi plus a puncture proof layer and a another protective rubber layer ontop of that. i have been told i could expect 4000 miles on them, i do not know if this is true. one thing that worried me was catching flats on these tires, their goes a $65 tire. but i have gone thru some glass and they are still in good shape. these tires are just made well, period.

if you concerned with weight you can go with elite jet, same build as elite road, but lighter weight 240g (weight is guaranteed) about half the mileage of the ones i have.

if they made a clincher version, i would be all over it. these tires are good, i would encourage anyone to at least try them out. their tubular version is made the same way 240g for elite road, 160 grams for elite jet. i would def, go with a tubular with properties like this: http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=1&id=46

this is 150 gram version (tri): http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=2&id=64