Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 4914

Hi there, I also have exactly the same issues with my Dura ace 11 spd cassette.
I am in the uk and just bought a brand new 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix with Dura ace throughout aside from the hollow gram cranks.
Second day on the bike the carbon cassette shattered, though I'm an former track sprinter I wasn't even putting 70% into it and there is no way this should happen.
After this happened I started searching the web and came across this post.
I went back to the shop, and they agreed to replace the cassette and as they didn't have any Dura Ace cassettes in stock they ordered another Cannondale in and took the cassette of that and put it on my bike.
One week later I'm now having the exact same noise and problem as described by "smooth 1978", so obviously I'm concerned that its going to fail like the other one....so I go back in and ask them to order me another one from Shimano directly as I can only assume now that perhaps Cannondale got a bad batch of these cassettes.

So I put the new cassette on yesterday and I'm not surprised to say that its making the exact same noise but again only on the carbon spider section. Incredible disappointing, frustrating and surprising that Shimano of all companies have mad such a fundamental design error as they clearly have.
Its enough to put me off Dura Ace which I have used for over 20years, but the real problem is I don't know what to do next... change to Sram of Campy 11 speed cassette seams to be the only option... but after forking out over £5k for a bike I shouldn't have to spend another penny.

Over in the UK I am being told by shimano and cannondale, (though the shop) that they haven't heard of any problems whatsoever...
Someone is telling lies, it cannot be a coincidence that on the other side of the world other people are having exactly the same problem with exactly the same bike and components..!

if anyone has any joy resolving this problem I'd appreciate hearing about it.

by 4914

Hi there, I also have exactly the same issues with my Dura ace 11 spd cassette.
I am in the uk and just bought a brand new 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix with Dura ace throughout aside from the hollow gram cranks.
Second day on the bike the carbon cassette shattered, though I'm an former track sprinter I wasn't even putting 70% into it and there is no way this should happen.
After this happened I started searching the web and came across this post.
I went back to the shop, and they agreed to replace the cassette and as they didn't have any Dura Ace cassettes in stock they ordered another Cannondale in and took the cassette of that and put it on my bike.
One week later I'm now having the exact same noise and problem as described by "smooth 1978", so obviously I'm concerned that its going to fail like the other one....so I go back in and ask them to order me another one from Shimano directly as I can only assume now that perhaps Cannondale got a bad batch of these cassettes.

So I put the new cassette on yesterday and I'm not surprised to say that its making the exact same noise but again only on the carbon spider section. Incredible disappointing, frustrating and surprising that Shimano of all companies have mad such a fundamental design error as they clearly have.
Its enough to put me off Dura Ace which I have used for over 20years, but the real problem is I don't know what to do next... change to Sram of Campy 11 speed cassette seams to be the only option... but after forking out over £5k for a bike I shouldn't have to spend another penny.

Over in the UK I am being told by shimano and cannondale, (though the shop) that they haven't heard of any problems whatsoever...
Someone is telling lies, it cannot be a coincidence that on the other side of the world other people are having exactly the same problem with exactly the same bike and components..!

if anyone has any joy resolving this problem I'd appreciate hearing about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RippedUp

by RippedUp

I have 2 sets of wheels, one with a DA9000 cassette and one with its SRAM Red counterpart XG1190 11-26. Both working flawlessly.

You could try SRAM's.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Where to get the plastic guide for installing the fd cable?

There's just nothing on ebay and I wonder if that part can be bought.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Its not really necessary. Use the diagrams in the dealers manual and try both positions. The one with the best "angle of attack" for FD pull leverage is the one you want. I'm still surprised frame manufacturers don't just state which position is right for their frame.