BTP ghisallo clamp

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
voodoojar

by voodoojar

I've been trying to get in touch with BTP to order one of their special Ghisallo FD clamps but have had no luck. emailed him Bernhard.Langerbein@t-online.de and info@b-t-p.de here. Does anyone know of an alternate source? Any help would be appreciated.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Stay clear of that BTP FD clamp. It flexes a lot and breaks easily. Quality, finish and workmanship sucks too, it looks like it was made by a toddler in kindergarden, so it doesn't really conform to the shape of the seattube. Use it for showbikes only.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

Wow such a glowing review. I'll be the first to admit that BTP products are not for everyone. They aren't designed to be beautiful they are designed to be light. I run a few BTP items on my bikes and they all looks like crap, but they are light and the functions correctly. I wonder if failure on this clamp is common.

Mr.Hyde

by Mr.Hyde

It got a bit better at BTP - the standard front derailleur clamp (34.9mm) has a really nice finish and very good technical properties, the ahead cap is also better than the average BTP-product.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

unfortunately that clamp will not work on the Ghisallo. There is a special clamp.

Mr.Hyde

by Mr.Hyde

I know, I just wanted to say that not all of the BTP-products have poor finish :)

Danton

by Danton

My BTP seat collar broke. I was using a torque wrench and was far from the recommended torque when it went. The guy said "post it back" so I did... and I never heard from him again.

Maybe you have a better experience but don't say you were not warned.

SL58

by SL58

I am using Parlee clamp, but there is also Smudek.
http://smud-carbon.eu/index_eng.html

emike

by emike

Quality, finish and workmanship sucks too

Agree! Mine BTP MTB Universal bottlecage looks bad.