BMC TM01

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TriRig

by TriRig

I just posted a gallery on this bike -- I gotta say, it's pretty mean-looking. The brakes are very well-hidden a la Trek Speed Concept, but it uses a regular bar and BB30 means you can put on some seriously light parts.

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2 ... First_Look

Lots of lovely nude carbon on the bike:
Last edited by TriRig on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Very nice. :mrgreen:
Slam your stem.

kavitator

by kavitator

stuning! i i like paint scheme..neon stealth.

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Definitely on my radar. Any idea what is the weight of the module, availability and MSRP of the frame module only?
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

TriRig

by TriRig

Weight unknown. Avail January, module is $4500

bura

by bura

Thanks for the post. Keep up the good work. Nice photography. :thumbup:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Bvb45

by Bvb45

Its actually not super expensive!

With Ultegra stuff (that can be resold) and stock crap, basically a frameset for €4,000/$5,500/£3,500.
http://www.radkom.de/bmc-timemachine-tm ... -2012.html

So not a theoretical price, at least approachable for most, and a very very nice bike!
My Intro, TT bike and Aero/WW Upgrade plan
"A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting."

ty-ro

by ty-ro

Two words: ME WANT. :!:

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Very competitively priced. Watch out Speed Concept. Hopefully BMC will come out with it's version of the Speed Concept's rear draft box. Currently there is a less than flattering gap between the TM01's seat tube and rear tire (near the top area) which is perfect for a draft box to be attached. Other than that, the TM01 looks almost too good to be true
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Bvb45

by Bvb45

I personally would want another handlebar, with dropped wide grips(ie closer to the ground), straighter angle for the brake grips, and a pointy'er barend, like Hed Corsair E.

But yeah, its close to perfect. The Di2 battery and brakes already being (almost) totally hidden away for aero is awesome.
"A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting."

TriRig

by TriRig

Well that's one of the perks of this bike -- it uses a 31.0mm bar clamp, NOT an integrated bar. So you could put on a HED Corsair of you wanted, without compromising the bike's function or aerodynamics. Personally, I'll likely be putting on one of the old Easton Attack TT bars, which are wonderfully stiff and weigh about 410g complete.

Bvb45

by Bvb45

Zenkai wrote:Well that's one of the perks of this bike -- it uses a 31.0mm bar clamp, NOT an integrated bar. So you could put on a HED Corsair of you wanted, without compromising the bike's function or aerodynamics. Personally, I'll likely be putting on one of the old Easton Attack TT bars, which are wonderfully stiff and weigh about 410g complete.

Me too, agree the old Easton is a badass handlebar. But I cant find one and I've got other priorities myself(Watt) first so its gonna be a while.

Isn't the Hed's wide grip lower than the old Easton TT? (I like the badass look of very low to the ground wide grips and it should also make one more aero when standing up, often overlooked in TT, and relevant as one very often stands up with more than 12mph speed).

TriRig

by TriRig

I'm not a huge fan of super aggressive drop bars like the Corsair drop (the Corsair also comes in flat, by the way). If you can be that low anyway, why not just stay in aero? The best times to be on the base bar are when cornering (for stability), and when climbing (to open up your hip angle). In both cases, super aggressive drop can actually defeat the purpose of what you're doing.

And for any occasions I'm not thinking of, when you really need to be on the base bar AND want to be aero, there's a very simple solution: bend your elbows more. In fact, doing so will level out your forearms, making you more aero than you would have been with more drop and straight arms.

The above, of course, is really my opinion. No disrespect to those who like the aggressive drop. But those are my reasons for not choosing it. I think the Easton Attack TT has roughly the right amount. Somewhere around 4-6cm is how I like it.

Bvb45

by Bvb45

Zenkai wrote:I'm not a huge fan of super aggressive drop bars like the Corsair drop (the Corsair also comes in flat, by the way). If you can be that low anyway, why not just stay in aero? The best times to be on the base bar are when cornering (for stability), and when climbing (to open up your hip angle). In both cases, super aggressive drop can actually defeat the purpose of what you're doing.

And for any occasions I'm not thinking of, when you really need to be on the base bar AND want to be aero, there's a very simple solution: bend your elbows more. In fact, doing so will level out your forearms, making you more aero than you would have been with more drop and straight arms.

The above, of course, is really my opinion. No disrespect to those who like the aggressive drop. But those are my reasons for not choosing it. I think the Easton Attack TT has roughly the right amount. Somewhere around 4-6cm is how I like it.

There are some pretty good points in here I hadn't thought of, good post!

But yeah I just like that badass low look :)

TriRig

by TriRig

For me, the flat bar + spacers look is pretty cool. This is my bike at the moment:

Last edited by TriRig on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie