Continental Four Seasons Tubular Equivalent 25mm

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
MisterEd

by MisterEd

Hello!

So I've been using Continental four seasons tires in 25mm on my bike for general riding around and they seem to offer good grip in all conditions and reasonable wear and comfort.

I've now got myself some tubular wheels that I'd like to put an equivalent tire on to but I've found that that the four seasons is not available in tubular :(

Can anyone recommend an equivant tubular to use? I'd be keen to go for a 25mm but open to advice!

Thanks!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

The Conti Competition (both hated and loved here) only is sized at 22mm but is actually a bit bigger than that. It's also available in a 25mm casing but a bit more tricky to track down. Otherwise you'd probably be looking at the Vittoria Pave 24mm or the EVO CX in a 25mm (good deal at Wiggle for these at the moment).

edit for Bicycling review link...
http://www.bicycling.com/gearfinderprod ... gfid=12927

Geoff

by Geoff

Well, I am on some 25mm Conti Competitions (for Hed 9 rears) that will be available (should be available) to the public shortly. They are like really big Comps. Really comfy.

MisterEd

by MisterEd

I've been using the Vittoria Pave and evo cx in clinchers on my good bike and they're really nice but I find they can cut up quite easily around town (London) so something a little bit tougher would be good - are any of the tires lower down the vittoria range worth looking at?

Rubino pro tech tubular looks good in a 25 but can't see it for sale anywhere...

martyh

by martyh

MisterEd

by MisterEd

martyh wrote:conti competition 25's.
http://velokit.co.uk/cart_productdetail ... UCTID=7078
great job.

That's sounding very tempting now... mind if I ask why some people don't like them, or would that be asking for trouble?

martyh

by martyh

do a wee search :D

for me, I like them, the run really well on my stinger 60/90 and I'm more than happy with them.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Geoff wrote:Well, I am on some 25mm Conti Competitions (for Hed 9 rears) that will be available (should be available) to the public shortly. They are like really big Comps. Really comfy.

Brother, oh brother.....?
A Conti comfy? Neverrrr. Take a deep breath and figure yourself floating on a Velolfex Roubaix. Now that's what I calls comfy. :lol:

Sorry about the slang, tabernac. ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Geoff

by Geoff

Yeah, but then I'd have to pay for 'em...

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I see, you do get your torturing device for free then.... :P

Couldn't resist, Geoff. :lol:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Geoff

by Geoff

Yeah, what can I say. I'm cheap. I have a set of inherited Tufos on LW's that I am too cheap to toss until they flat, too. I have a set of FMB seta's waiting, though.