Chinese carbon time trial frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Abdullah The Destroyer

by Abdullah The Destroyer

YoKaiser wrote:Cheers guys! Lots of good stuff. I take it the planet x/stevens/karbona one is a bit old hat these days though? Abdullah, do you recall the model or supplier? I currently have an original S-Works Transition which has been great but the lure of carbon is enticing.

i believe it was a TT233. i got it from GOTOBIKE - just do a google search and it'll take you right there. i dealt with Loice - very sweet girl and will answer any questions you have.

mjduct

by mjduct

Thread resurrection! Anyone tried the new TT06?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407625290.010039.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Need to bring this topic up because I´m planning a TT build as a winter project.
I will do ca 5-10 TT´s per season, so it won´t be a superbike.
Obviously a Chinese frames come to mind as a cheap option, but also lot of questions/worries. For example the stem/frame junction. Some frames look very aero, but is there a real difference with Scott Plasma, which, to my eyes does not look aero at all. Also front brake is exposed.
Comparing with Plasma, beacuse I can get it with a very very good price.
Planning to go with Di2 (1x11), so only the internal brake cables maybe an issue.
Will those Chinese handlebars be adjustable enough?

DengFu TT01

Plasma
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Filter cup? ;)

If Aerocoach allows their component to be mounted on the same frame, it isn't too bad :) (I guess, they've tested it because there are at least some good UK TT riders on this frame which produce some outstanding TT times, so it must be quite fast) https://www.evo2max.com/products/tt---triathlon-bikes

If looking at Plasma, I wouldn't touch the Plasma variant you're looking at, but go Plasma 5. Should be fast enough. However, none of the integrated handlebars are the most adjustable ones - Chinese or "big brand" ones, whatever (I'm mostly talking about angled extensions & stuff).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Did only one Filter TT, 25km :wink: Hopefully more next year.

Thanks for the evo2max webpage link.
There are of course more simple frames than the TT01. I´m a bit worried about the stem quality. Will it hold the bars and is the inner cable routing thought through/will it actually work.
Was thinking Plasma because of the price, but I think the front end is too roadbike like. I´m also checking ebay for used frames/bikes.
Please share your experiences with Chinese TT frames.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

rainerhq wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 pm
Please share your experiences with Chinese TT frames.
I bought the Dengfu FM068 a few months ago, without the bars. Very pleased with the quality and handling. It's a low-long geometry, even moreso than the old P3 and P4s. And I liked being able to get a threaded BB.

If I had it to do over though, I think I'd get the FM086 without a fork or bars. It has a straight 1-1/8" headtube and will take other forks easily. The 068 has a 1-1/2" lower bearing which is odd for a TT bike, and the fork blades don't look that aero to me. It probably makes a miniscule difference, but...

I want a bike with a lot of front end adjustment, so I'm not interested in the super integrated everything hidden models. But the TT01 looks like a good design if you are into that. Make sure you get the bars that have the tilt adjustment. The 2nd picture above, not the first.
formerly rruff...

none

by none

I bought a TT01 for significant discount with some eBay rebates a couple of months ago.
The handlebar wings does allow it to be rotated/tilted at the stem,
Riding position can be dialed in simialr to the drops on my aero bike:
Recently got a deep rear wheel for under $200:
Progress is slow.. waiting for Di2 parts, feel safer routing the cables before installing the bottom bracket & crankset.

none

by none

Gonna give these a try for my TT frame:

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

none wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm
Gonna give these a try for my TT frame:

WTF?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

moonoi

by moonoi

Isn't that the pile of junk that was on kickstarter a few years ago, basically supposed to convert you mechanical system to electronic, but instead of giving you any benefits, leaves you with the worst sides of both worlds and none of the benefits?

none

by none

Yes it is, and I'm going to try it out for myself, because without trying it for myself, anything you assume is just that.

Call it "pile of junk" wihtout even knowing how it works yourself it simply irresponsible... similarly calling you a liar and a cheat without even know who you are, is that accurate?

Maybe do yourself some research before you make claims?

XShifter Review

moonoi

by moonoi

I have "done my research" and stand by what I said, it's completely pointless and serves no real purpose. There are others on this forum who have tried it, and were less than impressed, have you even read the comments on the link you posted....I don't really need to say anymore

none

by none

moonoi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am
I have "done my research" and stand by what I said, it's completely pointless and serves no real purpose. There are others on this forum who have tried it, and were less than impressed, have you even read the comments on the link you posted....I don't really need to say anymore

How many miles have you ridden with them?

How many other riders do you know that have used them with at least a handful of rides?

Research produce evidence to allow suport for your claims, without providing any evidence, pretty clear that you're just lying.

You don't "need" to say anything more because you've zero evidence to support your claim.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

From review
"XSHIFTER tells us battery life is thousands of shifts between charges"
uhm, not a long lasting battery then.

My riding stats (from Di2 pair with bike computer) say i shifted 570 times in 3.5 hours hilly ride.
My Di2, even with wireless unit pair with bike computer last multiple months.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

none

by none

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:47 pm
From review
"XSHIFTER tells us battery life is thousands of shifts between charges"
uhm, not a long lasting battery then.
Again, without trying the Xshifter for yourself, do you honestly know that the battery doesn't last long for certain?
Hexsense wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:47 pm
My riding stats (from Di2 pair with bike computer) say i shifted 570 times in 3.5 hours hilly ride.
My Di2, even with wireless unit pair with bike computer last multiple months.
If I had to shift 570 times on a single ride, I'd move elsewhere to find better riding. :mrgreen:

How big is the Di2 battery physically? & how much does it weigh?