storck vs scott addict?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I ride an Addict. I've never ridden a Storck (but, I have ridden many other bikes from many different manufacturers). I'm a very standard geometry, and for me, the 54 Addict, is flat out the lightest, stiffest, most responsive bike/rocket, I can imagine. I have ridden may endurance events on it, including double centuries (to record setting times), and I don't feel beat up at the end (unless I got beat up, which is a different thread). In my opinion, you can't go wrong with an Addict.

by Weenie

djconnel

by djconnel

I'd expect any frame pushing the limits on weight to have a high failure rate, otherwise there'd be a competitor product which traded off failure rate to go even lighter. So Scott and Cervelo, pretty much the lightest out there from a group of frames all made in the same factories, I would assume would have relatively high failure rates. And sure enough, I've heard of plenty of failures, in person and via this forum, of each.

If you bought an ultra-light high-performance car would you expect it to be "super-strong"? Of course not. If you wanted strong you'd get something else.

Chiva

by Chiva

rowdysluggins wrote:I ride an Addict. I've never ridden a Storck (but, I have ridden many other bikes from many different manufacturers). I'm a very standard geometry, and for me, the 54 Addict, is flat out the lightest, stiffest, most responsive bike/rocket, I can imagine. I have ridden may endurance events on it, including double centuries (to record setting times), and I don't feel beat up at the end (unless I got beat up, which is a different thread). In my opinion, you can't go wrong with an Addict.

1+

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

I had an Addict as the last frame before starting distribution Storck. It's a very good frame with no real weak points.
I am on my the 3. Fenomalist now. I am in love with that frame. I have tried most Storck, and this comes out as the one that ticks my boxes the most. (Absolutist is close). More stiff/responsive and comfortable than the Addict and I like the geo and handling better.