The ultegra crankset is 700g and the BB is 77g. Im looking for something that is not only lighter that 777g (incl. BB), but also of comparable shifting quality.
In another thread someone mentione the SRAm RED 22 GXP crankset which comes in at 609g for the crank and 105g for the GXP BB. I'd save 63g overall, but at considerable expense. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Suggestion would be to please. Many threads on this...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103730 that should list weights with and without rings.
Should be able to get the 10s exogram for sub 300... Praxis rings would probably be your best bet there...but that'd exceed your budget.
Why non-22 ?aaric wrote:Get a Exogram (non-22) crankset, and stick some other rings on it. The stock sram rings are porky. There's a thread on the exogram crankset here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that should list weights with and without rings.
- in the industry
- Posts: 3557
- Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:25 pm
- Location: Glermsford, Suffolk U.K
Campag record 11 speed or super record 11 speed are very light too.
- Posts: 8609
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
- Location: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
dwmark2 wrote:In another thread someone mentione the SRAm RED 22 GXP crankset which comes in at 609g for the crank and 105g for the GXP BB. I'd save 63g overall, but at considerable expense. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
If you do your research a bit, you will find:
1. 22 or non-22, the "Exogram" crankset is incredibly light.
2. The difference between the 22 and regular versions is pretty much the same. There may be a small difference but in practice it is negligible.
3. Read that thread (previously linked). Consider alternate BBs and rings. You will find your crankset, on budget, can easily hover under 600g complete (arms+spindle+rings+bb)
Plenty of threads to go digging into. Also look at the particularly lighter builds in the Introduction/Gallery section, they will offer some insights.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 9 Replies
- 944 Views
Last post by prendrefeu
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:03 am
- 5 Replies
- 1500 Views
Last post by KCookie
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:06 am
- 0 Replies
- 613 Views
Last post by basenji29
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am
- 0 Replies
- 562 Views
Last post by DEADRE
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:30 am
- 7 Replies
- 654 Views
Last post by Rob1519
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm