Mavic's Exalith Process/Reviews?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

G1032

by G1032

Anybody have an answer please?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Why do you want an alternative and not use the proper Exalith pads? Too expensive? Can't find them? Don't want to buy online? A quick google search found many for sale...

Exalith pads are made by SwissStop but use a specific compound for Exalith rims, SwissStop pads not branded Mavic Exalith might work, but usually wear out really fast and/or don't brake well and/or make hella noises and/or damage the rim's texture. SwissStop yellow pads are super soft, they would probably not damage the rims but will probably last a handful of rides.

G1032

by G1032

Cheers! Ya, Exalith pads are very expensive. Was looking for a cheaper alternative. They're ridiculously priced.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

G1032 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:23 pm
Anybody have an answer please?
and pads that use DT Oxic? investigate about them

G1032

by G1032

Cheers!

xluthfi

by xluthfi

hi,

in my country, exalith brakepad was sold out, and some seller set price to high ( almost 3x from retail price)
i found Fulcrum PEO500X1 ( blue pads ) for shamal mille or zero nite, this pads its more realible price for me.

so,
can i use Fulcrum PEO500X1 pads for my lovely Exalits rims without damaging the braking surface?

thanks

discolite

by discolite

I have to say, of the various wheels I have, the ones that get the most positive (aesthetic) reviews from non-cyclists are the R-Sys Exaliths. Something about that deep near-matte shade of black that makes people think it's fast ...
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

jurez

by jurez

my experience with mavic exalith wheels:
First Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith WTS - back wheel squealing when braking, didnt fix after 1.5 pads.
Back wheel squeaking when climbing, started after around 10-15min of riding. After a few visits to the mechanic - it was the back spokes/where it meets with the hub.

Sadly I destroyed the back wheel when "jumping" over a curb and somehow hit it slightly with the brake sufrace - don't ask how cuz I dont know.
Even tho they were bought last summer they are so old mavic don't have any replacement parts for it so they were useless. After a lot of searching the internet I found the part(only outer rim, no hub or spokes) and bought it - havent replaced it yet so they are waiting for that.

Bought used Cosmic Exaliths and so far are okayish, squealing when breaking went away but the spokes are squeaking when climbing so I have to put some grease or oil there again. Happened soon after I got them, then it went away after some grease and now after around 1000-1500km it started again.