Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
C36

by C36

waltthizzney wrote:Light Bicycle makes great stuff, stick with them. They manufacture for a ton of well know brands.

Keep in mind that rimmed carbon wheels are flawed no matter who makes them. This push to disc brakes is not because of braking power, it is because no one can figure out how to solve the braking issue of carbon on rim brakes for the long term, Pros are racing wheels that get discarded weekly so it is no big deal.

Well 2 things
-"tons of well known brands". "Real" wheel brands are limited, Mavic, corima, zip, head, campagnolo, recently shimano, I discard Spinergy, ex rigida, Fir or even ambrosio, who are the shadow of what they were 20 years ago. I don't remember any of those brands making rims by light bicycle.
- if I agree that brakes remove a problem in carbon clincher rims... The corima aero clincher exist for 20 years and won few Tour de France since the end of the previous century with limited problems (as long as you respected the 7.5 bars limits the days you were on mountain stages. So it is totally a matter of tech / knowledge.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

khuom92 wrote:Far sports wheels sometimes makes weird noises, but no problem at riding

Ok, thanks for your input

by Weenie

liam7020

by liam7020

khuom92 wrote:Far sports wheels sometimes makes weird noises, but no problem at riding

I've had 8 set of Farsports and so far never heard any weird noises.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Mb1987

by Mb1987

Hi long time reader of this and similar threads on this forum, and as such I used members positive feedback to purchase a wheelset from farsports. I collected them from parcel force yesterday evening, like a kid at Christmas.

Anyway, when stripping my current wheels, Campagnolo Scirocco 35 with campag freehub body, and transferring the tyres and cassette to my new wheels, the cassette would not fit on to the new free hub (DT Swiss 350). I have put the issue on the following YouTube video
https://youtu.be/n4LzAJQ9yg4

I have mailed both Sandy and Kyle with no response so far, can you guys recommend anything here?

cveks

by cveks

Considering to buy FSC50-TM-25 wheels for few races per year mainly sprinting circles with small uphill segments. Any thoughts about these wheels?

I am considering these

https://www.wheelsfar.com/50mm-x-25mm-t ... ght-5.html

AJS914

by AJS914

Mb1987 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:53 pm
Hi long time reader of this and similar threads on this forum, and as such I used members positive feedback to purchase a wheelset from farsports. I collected them from parcel force yesterday evening, like a kid at Christmas.

Anyway, when stripping my current wheels, Campagnolo Scirocco 35 with campag freehub body, and transferring the tyres and cassette to my new wheels, the cassette would not fit on to the new free hub (DT Swiss 350). I have put the issue on the following YouTube video
https://youtu.be/n4LzAJQ9yg4

I have mailed both Sandy and Kyle with no response so far, can you guys recommend anything here?
That's weird. I just ordered a set of Farsports with DT 350S hubs and a Campagnolo freehub. A new Chorus cassette went on without an issue.

Where does it bind up?

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

This is want happened to mine after about 100mi, not the end of the world since the rim can be replaced for around $150 but still a lot of work rebuild the rear wheel. For people ordering these cheap Chinese OEM, hope for the best but expect the worst, I would order extra rims while you are at it to save on the shipping cost. The front wheel did last over 6000mi and still going strong, the braking surface is starting to show some wear but I expect another 6000mi out of them.
Attachments
P4193354.jpg

biwa

by biwa

Does anyone know anything about their 'Alps' series (which are supposed to for OEMs only)? Do they ever sell direct to consumer these rims? And if not, which OEMs end up getting/using these rims?

Pinguin

by Pinguin

biwa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am
Does anyone know anything about their 'Alps' series (which are supposed to for OEMs only)? Do they ever sell direct to consumer these rims? And if not, which OEMs end up getting/using these rims?
Get in contact with Kyle(mayby its chinese new year?)
You could buy the alps if you ask him
I have a pair new tubulars but at this moment theres no chance for test(snow and salt)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

ChiZ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 am
This is want happened to mine after about 100mi, not the end of the world since the rim can be replaced for around $150 but still a lot of work rebuild the rear wheel. For people ordering these cheap Chinese OEM, hope for the best but expect the worst, I would order extra rims while you are at it to save on the shipping cost. The front wheel did last over 6000mi and still going strong, the braking surface is starting to show some wear but I expect another 6000mi out of them.
Where did you get wheels/rims from?
The highest satisfaction rate among riders on this forum is www.lightbicycle.com/carbon-road-bike/c ... heels/Road
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Farsport is very famous in China now, nearly the best Chinese wheelset.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

rexyi1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
Famous has nothing to do with integrity in production. The reason they are so popular because they have been around longer than its competition.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

ubers

by ubers

I've bought two sets of carbon clinchers from Farsport and have had a great experience both time.

The first one, bought in 2013, is still going strong with an estimated 20,000ks on them. Their prices are competitive, and its great that you get a high-end wheel set direct from a manufacturer built to you custom specs.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

mpulsiv wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 am
rexyi1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
Famous has nothing to do with integrity in production. The reason they are so popular because they have been around longer than its competition.
Hah,,,correct, but the Farsport is indeed has good reputation in China.. :D

by Weenie