Bryton Rider 35

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

yongkun

by yongkun

Anyone on these? Care to share if they are good?
They are much cheaper than Edge 500 and offers the same functions.

Their HRM strap's sensor does look abit more bulge than the Garmin strap .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

According to the cycling weekly review they are OK. Reading between the lines they are not OK - basically too many of the software functions appear to be 'under development' or not fully integrated. Their conclusion was to get the Garmin.

Although you will find lots of threads on the Edge 500 locking, losing data etc... with the latest firmware (dead easy to change) and reasonable care to give time to transfer data then undock it properly before pulling out the cable it works faultlessly. I use bikerouttoaster to set up breadcrumb trails and that's also useful, especially when riding somewhere new.

random

by random

I have a Bryton 30, effectively the same as the 35. The hardware is great. Good screen, buttons and battery life. GPS sensitivity seems good as well. But the software is a work in progress. It is certainly getting better with each update. I almost returned mine and am glad I did not. I use it with a Garmin speed/cadence sensor and a Garmin HR belt. I would not rely on any GPS for speed and distance in my heavily treed and valleyed area. It works seamlessly with all Ant+ devices. For the money it is a great device if you have the patience to wait as they update the software. I would say it is about 80% already. But if you are not an "early adopter" I would punt for now.

yongkun

by yongkun

random wrote:I have a Bryton 30, effectively the same as the 35. The hardware is great. Good screen, buttons and battery life. GPS sensitivity seems good as well. But the software is a work in progress. It is certainly getting better with each update. I almost returned mine and am glad I did not. I use it with a Garmin speed/cadence sensor and a Garmin HR belt. I would not rely on any GPS for speed and distance in my heavily treed and valleyed area. It works seamlessly with all Ant+ devices. For the money it is a great device if you have the patience to wait as they update the software. I would say it is about 80% already. But if you are not an "early adopter" I would punt for now.

I am planning on getting the Bryton 35 with Garmin HR belt and Garmin speed/cadence sensor as well. Same choice.
Hope i wouldnt regret it for saving $60 over the Garmin 500.

random

by random

I was actually able to find the Rider 30 for $135, the HR belt for $25 and the Speed/cadence sensor for $32. All online in the US. It looks like the units are difficult to find in the States now that Garmin has sued Bryton.

yongkun

by yongkun

Can this work with the Bryton?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-premium- ... oft-strap/

It seems like it is for the forerunner instead for the edge series

yongkun

by yongkun

Alright they do work. Hopefully the Garmin's HRM and Speed/Cadence will work well with the Bryton.

ODT

by ODT

random wrote:I was actually able to find the Rider 30 for $135, the HR belt for $25 and the Speed/cadence sensor for $32. All online in the US. It looks like the units are difficult to find in the States now that Garmin has sued Bryton.

Where did you find it for that price? Kind of done with the Garmin 500 since the 2nd HR strap broke and the mount failure...

Pivens

by Pivens

Anyone know if the garmin "non soft strap" hr belt works with the rider 35?
Thanks.

random

by random

If it is Ant+, and I believe it is, it will work. Their latest update and website has solved 90% of my issues btw.

Pivens

by Pivens

random wrote:If it is Ant+, and I believe it is, it will work. Their latest update and website has solved 90% of my issues btw.

Thank you, I was wondering if someone ever tried to pair a Bryton 35 with a 2.4 speed/cadence sensor. (AFAIK the sensor's not ant+, it's 2.4 coded)

random

by random

As I indicated above, I successfully paired a Bryton 30/35 with a Garmin cadence/speed sensor as well as the earlier HR belt. But both are Ant+. I can't imagine it will pair with the earlier coded sensors, but maybe.

yongkun

by yongkun

darn in a dilema, did some calculation:
the garmin 500 HRM and CAD is only $20 more expensive than the Bryton 35 with Garmin Premium HR band and Garmin Speed/cadence sensor.

But problem is garmin is blue in color doesnt match my bike (the black and neutral cost way more)
Then again i prefer garmin data transfer and more established data management.

Pivens

by Pivens

Random (or whoever knows), do you know if bryton is working on WKO+ compatibility?
Because from what I've read at the moment, the only compatible software is bryton's own...
and where do I get the firmware? I couldn't find it on Bryton's website.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I had placed an order for one of these from O2shop in the US. With a discount coupon it came to $200 delivered for the bundle. But, a week later, I get an order cancellation notice from them that they can't get them in stock. I would assume due to a possible cease/desist by Garmin...and so much for that.

I just bought an Edge 500 bundle and called it a day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com