Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
airsoft510
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

by airsoft510

According to Zedler Fahrradtechnik Stiffness to Weight tests show the Evo outperforming the SL3 by 19nm/kg.
http://www.cannondale.com/supersixevo#1
Attachments
stw.png
weight.png

Epic-o
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:18 pm

by Epic-o

airsoft510 wrote:According to Zedler Fahrradtechnik Stiffness to Weight tests show the Evo outperforming the SL3 by 19nm/kg.
http://www.cannondale.com/supersixevo#1


What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs

by Weenie


User avatar
greenmachine
Shop Owner
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 pm
Location: Good old Blighty

by greenmachine

Although there could be an argument as to which is lighter Cannondale or Cervelo at least the one heavy thing about the dale is whats left in your wallet over the Cervelo. :D

iceblinkluck
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 am

by iceblinkluck

Just talked to my LBS; Cannondale will deliver only 200 for June-Oct. period, so better pre-order soon.

iceblinkluck
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 am

by iceblinkluck

As for the price, it's going to be about 1/3 of the Cervelo frame.
Anyone know why it's so much more expensive to produce the Cervelo frame? Different material,etc.?


thisisatest
Shop Owner
Posts: 1980
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:02 am
Location: NoVA/DC

by thisisatest

Edited: not appropriate.

TP

User avatar
djconnel
Posts: 7926
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

by djconnel

Epic-o wrote:What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs


+1

It's not as if you can say: "wow, with this high STW number, I'm going to ride only 0.7 of the bike, saving 30% of the mass at a cost of 30% of the stiffness...."

I also agree you can't compare this to the R5-CA. That's intended to be a handcrafted high-quality bike, not weight-at-the-lowest-cost.

njleach
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:46 am

by njleach

djconnel wrote:
Epic-o wrote:What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs


I also agree you can't compare this to the R5-CA. That's intended to be a handcrafted high-quality bike, not weight-at-the-lowest-cost.


Cannondale back their frames with a lifetime warranty regarding any issues with workmanship and/or materials so even if you do have an issue it's not like you've got to fork out more $$$. Personally i'd rather spend 1/3 of the r5ca's price for a bike 1g lighter + the lifetime frame warranty...

reggiebaseball
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:13 am

by reggiebaseball

What is the us msrp on the frameset and bikes?

User avatar
Spinnekop
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: South Africa

by Spinnekop

reggiebaseball wrote:What is the us msrp on the frameset and bikes?


That seems like it is a huge secret at this stage........read somewhere the bottom of the range bike with SRAM Red will be €4300.

I would love to know frame & fork etc. pricing! :noidea:
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

iceblinkluck
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 am

by iceblinkluck

My LBS is not 100% sure, but he believes that it will be around $3800-4000 US.
Since this shop does alot of biz w/ Cannondale, I think that number is pretty reliable.

Sam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

by Sam


User avatar
djconnel
Posts: 7926
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

by djconnel

njleach wrote:Cannondale back their frames with a lifetime warranty regarding any issues with workmanship and/or materials so even if you do have an issue it's not like you've got to fork out more $$$. Personally i'd rather spend 1/3 of the r5ca's price for a bike 1g lighter + the lifetime frame warranty...


That's fine. But that's just your view. To someone else, the perception that more time and care is spent building the R5-CA is worth the extra cost. Nobody in their right mind would compare a Cannondale to a Calfee or Crumpton: the latter two are hand-built by artisans as opposed to pumped through an assembly line with a ticking clock.


by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post