Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djconnel

by djconnel

He was in error on the wheels... actually weighed with his training set:

Ahillock

by Ahillock

So those who have been riding your Evo for a while now, what are your impressions of the frame? Lightweight yes, but is stiffness sacrificed in the process? I know ratio of weight to stiffness is good, but is there some compromise there?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

planetect

by planetect

Here’s my follow up on the EVO now that I have been riding it for a month.
First, my comments regarding the test ride still hold true. (see my July 15 post in this thread)
I am coming from the previous versions of the SuperSix, the Hi-Mod being the most recent. The EVO is equal or superior in every way.
It is the best handling bike I have ever been on.
It is so comfortable on long rides over rough pavement.
Traction. I had no idea how important this was on a road bike.
63cm with Dura-Ace = 14.5lbs out of the box (damn that white paint)
My Hi-Mod is now officially for sale.
Attachments
IMG_0043 (2) small.jpg

sgray

by sgray

Any more real world weights on the current EVO production models?
From what I've seen it looks like the current White/Black frame is coming is around 820 - 840g in the 56cm and 58cm models, and the all-black EVO Red model is not much better. A far cry from the 695g claimed for a 56cm model, the Scott Addict, BH Ultralight and Willier Zero.7 all seem to be better lightweight options.

motorthings

by motorthings

wasn't the 695 gram spec for the (unpainted) ultimate version?

jumpman

by jumpman

I have the team frame at 54cm and all in with corima mcc wheels, look carbon pedals, 2 carbon cages, polar computer and front/rear lights and it weights in at 13.1lbs. That's pretty light if you ask me.
2011 Cannondale Evo Team, SRAM Red, Corima MCC on Conti comps, Ciamillo Carbon Zero G(taken off all Ciamillo crap), Look Keo Carbon, 3T ARX Ltd stem, Carbon Ti skewers

upside

by upside

[quote="sgray"]Any more real world weights on the current EVO production models?
From what I've seen it looks like the current White/Black frame is coming is around 820 - 840g in the 56cm and 58cm models, and the all-black EVO Red model is not much better. A far cry from the 695g claimed for a 56cm model, the Scott Addict, BH Ultralight and Willier Zero.7 all seem to be better lightweight options.[/quote]

Cannondale has the Ultimate which has hand picked tubing similar to Cervelo's $10,00.00. frame. That frame is 695 grams and is the lightest production frame on the market and that is why German Tour magazine had picked the Cannondale Evo the #1 frame/fork in the world. :beerchug: :roll:

sgray

by sgray

upside wrote:
sgray wrote:Any more real world weights on the current EVO production models?
From what I've seen it looks like the current White/Black frame is coming is around 820 - 840g in the 56cm and 58cm models, and the all-black EVO Red model is not much better. A far cry from the 695g claimed for a 56cm model, the Scott Addict, BH Ultralight and Willier Zero.7 all seem to be better lightweight options.

Cannondale has the Ultimate which has hand picked tubing similar to Cervelo's $10,00.00. frame. That frame is 695 grams and is the lightest production frame on the market and that is why German Tour magazine had picked the Cannondale Evo the #1 frame/fork in the world. :beerchug: :roll:

Ah, that explains it. They make no mention of the differences between the models on their website...and the only way to get the Ultimate frameset is to buy the complete bike for $11,000. I asked my LBS and if you buy the frameset only (for $3500) it's the White/Black model, which comes in heavier than a Scott Addict of the same size.

Sybarite

by Sybarite

My BB started creaking today......2 month old EVO, standard SISL crank, rings etc. Will get to the bottom of it and update.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

upside wrote:
sgray wrote:Any more real world weights on the current EVO production models?

It is not 695 grams. The R5 CA beat the Evo Ultimate in terms of weight and had a better frame score and actually only lost in terms of "aero." With a score 25% worse (out of proportion) That being said, I don't know how the Canyon SLX Ltd could be even better still than the R5 CA. It's heavier and that implies that it is either stiff as hell (which I doubt it's much stiffer than the R5 CA) or way more comfortable (in whatever fashion the Tour test measures that).

Boralb

by Boralb

56 Evo Duraace Himod(White/Gold/Black) frame weights 817g.(with braze on unit and der. hanger only)

Fork weights 322g with the crown ring and uncut 250mm tube length

Last edited by Boralb on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Nice paint job! Would look spectacular with a set of lightweight golds. :twisted: