Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

airsoft510

by airsoft510

According to Zedler Fahrradtechnik Stiffness to Weight tests show the Evo outperforming the SL3 by 19nm/kg.
http://www.cannondale.com/supersixevo#1
Attachments
stw.png
weight.png

Epic-o

by Epic-o

airsoft510 wrote:According to Zedler Fahrradtechnik Stiffness to Weight tests show the Evo outperforming the SL3 by 19nm/kg.
http://www.cannondale.com/supersixevo#1

What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

greenmachine
Shop Owner

by greenmachine

Although there could be an argument as to which is lighter Cannondale or Cervelo at least the one heavy thing about the dale is whats left in your wallet over the Cervelo. :D

iceblinkluck

by iceblinkluck

Just talked to my LBS; Cannondale will deliver only 200 for June-Oct. period, so better pre-order soon.

iceblinkluck

by iceblinkluck

As for the price, it's going to be about 1/3 of the Cervelo frame.
Anyone know why it's so much more expensive to produce the Cervelo frame? Different material,etc.?

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Edited: not appropriate.

TP

djconnel

by djconnel

Epic-o wrote:What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs

+1

It's not as if you can say: "wow, with this high STW number, I'm going to ride only 0.7 of the bike, saving 30% of the mass at a cost of 30% of the stiffness...."

I also agree you can't compare this to the R5-CA. That's intended to be a handcrafted high-quality bike, not weight-at-the-lowest-cost.

njleach

by njleach

djconnel wrote:
Epic-o wrote:What you feel on the bike is the total stiffness...STW graphics are marketing bs

I also agree you can't compare this to the R5-CA. That's intended to be a handcrafted high-quality bike, not weight-at-the-lowest-cost.

Cannondale back their frames with a lifetime warranty regarding any issues with workmanship and/or materials so even if you do have an issue it's not like you've got to fork out more $$$. Personally i'd rather spend 1/3 of the r5ca's price for a bike 1g lighter + the lifetime frame warranty...

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

What is the us msrp on the frameset and bikes?

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

reggiebaseball wrote:What is the us msrp on the frameset and bikes?

That seems like it is a huge secret at this stage........read somewhere the bottom of the range bike with SRAM Red will be €4300.

I would love to know frame & fork etc. pricing! :noidea:
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

iceblinkluck

by iceblinkluck

My LBS is not 100% sure, but he believes that it will be around $3800-4000 US.
Since this shop does alot of biz w/ Cannondale, I think that number is pretty reliable.

Sam

by Sam

djconnel

by djconnel

njleach wrote:Cannondale back their frames with a lifetime warranty regarding any issues with workmanship and/or materials so even if you do have an issue it's not like you've got to fork out more $$$. Personally i'd rather spend 1/3 of the r5ca's price for a bike 1g lighter + the lifetime frame warranty...

That's fine. But that's just your view. To someone else, the perception that more time and care is spent building the R5-CA is worth the extra cost. Nobody in their right mind would compare a Cannondale to a Calfee or Crumpton: the latter two are hand-built by artisans as opposed to pumped through an assembly line with a ticking clock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com