Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djconnel

by djconnel

I'm willing to go with the liberal interpretation: first five who post weights to this forum.

One issue is the "claimed weight" was adjusted using some formula for Tour equivalence. I'm not sure what that's about. But claimed weight is for 56 cm frame. So let's say first five frames size 56 cm or smaller of which at least one is 56 cm. (waiting for five 56's would be a bit much)

njleach

by njleach

Berry wrote:Well... one thing is for sure, Peloton Magazine loves the EVO: "...the rear wheel continued to kiss the pavement with all the fervor of two teens in their first embrace." :lol:

http://www.pelotonmagazine.com/Goods/co ... First-Ride

I'll repeat what i said over at roadbikereview Berry:

Interesting however they mention:

When I got on the bike I immediately noticed how light it was and then reminded myself how the build was just straight SRAM Red (which I know is the lightest group on the market) with Mavic R-Sys wheels, carbon bar and aluminum stem.

However their version comes with Hollowgram SISL cranks vs the retail version which comes with sram red cranks. Personally I think this was a big omission on Cannondale's part as every other evo model comes with Hollowgram cranks - and if they feel the need to put them on for journalists why not give them to their customers as standard?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

terminus

by terminus

topflightpro wrote:Every time I've described a bike as feeling slow or sluggish, that usually meant I was working harder, and that didn't help in hard effort situations.

For example, my wife had an 06 Specialized Roubaix Elite that I rode for some time while my bicycle was out of commission. The frame felt sluggish to me, and I always felt like I was struggling to go fast. I was having to work harder just to keep up. Of course, because it was a softer carbon frame, my entire body was not as worn out at the end of my ride like I was on my much stiffer Cannondale - I attribute that to the reduced vibrations overall.

It's an effect similar to the last time I aerated my yard. The aerator has a motor that propels the very heavy machine - it has two 50 pound weights that you install to keep it pushing down into the ground - so it does not require effort to push the machine. But the constant vibrations running through my hands, arms and upper body completely fatigued me. In fact, after an hour, I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee.

The Nibali quote makes me less interested in this frame.

interesting, wonder how Basso thinks of the new Evo in the TdF.

mythical

by mythical

Probably not much different from when Basso test rode the Evo before it was introduced in competition. The fact that he rides one says enough. I do find it curious that he now sports an adjustable seatpost.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

terminus

by terminus

mythical wrote:Probably not much different from when Basso test rode the Evo before it was introduced in competition. The fact that he rides one says enough. I do find it curious that he now sports an adjustable seatpost.

indeed, I saw the leaked pics...however the version he tested was actually slightly different (curved top tube). I'm guessing Basso has always wanted a adjustable seatpost, but since such a thing is inevitably heavier than a standard seatpost--now with the Evo, he can do it while still having a very light bike.

Zitter

by Zitter

we got the Team Evo in the shop today

sorry for the venge blocking the view

eigner

by eigner

:shock: :shock:
Horrible looking venge! Those wheels :cry: And that plastic thingy on the cassette :cry: and white hoods for black bartape :cry:
Perfect way to make a world class bike look like it was on sale in the local hardware store.

The cannondale evo looks cool with the color matched sram components.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

Zitter

by Zitter

i'm not a fan of the venge either =/ that's just how they look stock

eigner

by eigner

My bikepusher have the black venge on display. Its incredible!
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

gearguywb

by gearguywb

That EVO Team is one sexy beast.

Nice shop BTW! Sure wish we had a shop in this area that would at least occasinally put something drool worthy on display.

lcoolb

by lcoolb

gearguywb wrote:That EVO Team is one sexy beast.

+1! That Venge on the other hand... :-(

djconnel

by djconnel

Too much paint for a weenie bike..... Seems silly to squander all that compromise and cost in the name of lightness with thick white and green. Just my view.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I agree with dj. Who has the balls to strip one?

mythical

by mythical

That Evo looks inviting! Too bad its view is somewhat obstructed by that less good looking bike. I'm missing a view on that SiSL crank. :wink: Which size is that Evo, a 56 or 54cm?
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I like the multi colored spokes of the roval wheels :mrgreen: lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com