Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

airwise

by airwise

djconnel wrote:117 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:03:09

So he's crashed on the new uber frame and underperformed in the Dauphin. Wow these things are going to sell like hot cakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cycloxer

by cycloxer

I think the new EVO is so smooth that they feel faster on the old bike. Once they get over the perception, they'll be on the new EVO. As for the true impact of the equipment, I don't think it makes much of a difference in the end. You are talking about differences of a few seconds here or there whereas changes in a rider's fitness level can make minutes of difference. The best racer on the day is still going to win the race, regardless of the label on his bike.

djconnel

by djconnel

Sort of like fatter tires. Skinny tires feel like they must be faster.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

cycloxer wrote:The best racer on the day is still going to win the race, regardless of the label on his bike.

This.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

djconnel

by djconnel

Equipment matters:

mrfish

by mrfish

Here's a small bet - the actual frames will weigh more than they are supposed to.

I suspect the previous early rumours of unreliability will have C running for the extra carbon rovings. Even if the Engineers don't want to, the accountants and risk people will be clamouring for it as warranty costs would be a killer if they push too hard. Happy to be proved wrong when some real weights appear.

I'm also sceptical that bikes this light will have good real-world robustness. Kind of squeeze the tube too hard with your fingers and it cracks, let alone putting it in a car, workstand, crashing...Expect plenty of JRAs.

djconnel

by djconnel

mrfish wrote:Here's a small bet - the actual frames will weigh more than they are supposed to.

I suspect the previous early rumours of unreliability will have C running for the extra carbon rovings. Even if the Engineers don't want to, the accountants and risk people will be clamouring for it as warranty costs would be a killer if they push too hard. Happy to be proved wrong when some real weights appear.

I'm also sceptical that bikes this light will have good real-world robustness. Kind of squeeze the tube too hard with your fingers and it cracks, let alone putting it in a car, workstand, crashing...Expect plenty of JRAs.

Cannondale's always been good on their weights. On the robustness being reduced, well, duh.

cycloxer

by cycloxer

Well they really blew it at the Giro. They coulda had a stage win if they had gotten the LeakyGas guys to actually race the damn thing...C'Dale musta been totally PO'ed on that one.

Still want to see one in person so I can try the 'tube squeeze' test, hahaha !!!

No matter, the new frame is more svelte looking...and if you can't win, you at least better look good.

mrfish

by mrfish

djconnel wrote:
mrfish wrote:Here's a small bet - the actual frames will weigh more than they are supposed to.

Cannondale's always been good on their weights.

So you're taking the bet then dj - shall we say $10 to me if any of the first 5 buyers are more than 50g over stated weight?

djconnel

by djconnel

I'd need to see the reference for the frame in question. I'll agree for the nudest frame in no larger than the claimed size without bolts or seat clamp.

Of course larger or painted frames will be significantly heavier.

BCSS

by BCSS

not very informative but at least the Evo on video http://road.cc/content/news/36691-video ... -test-ride

mrfish

by mrfish

$10 is in escrow (ok, my desk drawer), just in case I'm wrong.

djconnel

by djconnel

Okay -- I've hired a profession accounting firm to hold the $10 in reserve so I can be sure to have the funds available for secure transfer in the nearly impossible case Cannondale lets me down.

Berry

by Berry

Well... one thing is for sure, Peloton Magazine loves the EVO: "...the rear wheel continued to kiss the pavement with all the fervor of two teens in their first embrace." :lol:

http://www.pelotonmagazine.com/Goods/co ... First-Ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

mrfish wrote:So you're taking the bet then dj - shall we say $10 to me if any of the first 5 buyers are more than 50g over stated weight?

The first 5 buyers in the entire world? Or simply the first 5 buyers-who-also-happen-to-post-on-this-forum-and-document-their-purchases-properly-with-pictures-of-components-on-a-precise-and-calibrated-digital-scale?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.