Kyklos Featherweight Limited

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gilesharrison

by gilesharrison

Long term reports: basically, it's all going well. I've had this frame for about 2 years now and used it as a race bike. It's probably done about 6000km or so.

I've had no problems whatsoever with the frame. I was slightly concerned by the full outer cables run internally, thinking that they'd be noisy, but I've had no problems with this. It's basically an excellent, all-round race bike.

Stiffness is excellent. Feels rock solid around the BB area, considerably better than my previous Cervelo S3, although the Kyklos does benefit from a BB30.
Comfort is good (much better than the Cervelo S3), but it's still a fairly stiff bike. My Look 585 is more comfortable but lacks stiffness.
Handling-wise, it's well judged with no surprises. I used to find the S3 a little slow to change direction. The Look 585 is much sharper handling and more agile. The Kyklos is somewhere between the two.

Basically, it's a great frame. No shocks to report. Only slight issue is that I struggled with a Tune rear QR. For some reason, the drop out and skewer didn't get on well so I swapped to something else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Good to see different product here.

poully

by poully

Thanks Giles, I'm pleased to hear the bike's all you hoped for.
Sounds a similar report to what I've managed to unearth so far and Kyklos could be on the shortlist for my future purchase.
Great looking bike.

gilesharrison

by gilesharrison

Thanks for the comments on the bike. I don't think anyone would be disappointed in it.

jamr1

by jamr1

prendrefeu wrote:I like it, but why is it limited? What are they limiting?!?

(and, echoing DJ's question. What's the weight?)

fa63 wrote:Kyklos is Di Luca's bike company, correct?

Does it come with a drug injection plan in the manual? A place to store needles?

Ouch!