Best Budget Ti Skewers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Titanium22

by Titanium22

Has anyone used the Enve Skewers? I have CK hubs, its a shame they don't make skewers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aronjancso

by aronjancso

Bought these recently on Ebay: J&L Ti/Titanium QR/Quick Release Wheel Skewers/Axles-41g/Pair-Ultra Light-Black
came a bit under weight and after cutting the axle to road length weight is 38g. Clamping force is fine, so I can recommend it.

1415chris

by 1415chris

I was on J&L bolt-on 27g for 2 or 3 seasons with no issues whatsoever.

djantz

by djantz

Titanium22 wrote:Has anyone used the Enve Skewers? I have CK hubs, its a shame they don't make skewers.

I did and wasn't exactly impressed. Don't have any other TI skewer to compare to but I felt they were creaky and 1 would loosen. Don't remember if it was the front or back.

shaolin

by shaolin

Titanium22 wrote:Has anyone used the Enve Skewers? I have CK hubs, its a shame they don't make skewers.

I use and I like them. No problems at all. Levers are thick and they look very solid. Good quality product (as it should be coz it's Enve).

VTBike

by VTBike

I have enve skewers (the newer version) and they are a mixed bag. Creak like crazy and loosen on my road bike.. But they seem to be OK on my cross frame. Both are carbon.. so I don't quite understand it. I have the same issue with Tune. It's a shame, they are great looking and light for 60 bucks. Can't use them for what I bought them for though..

AJS914

by AJS914

I just picked up another set of Zipp titanium skewers. I really like the action on them. They are very high grade feeling. They also appear to have a brass bushings instead of plastic like some other skewers.

Backcountry is blowing out the Aero ti skewers. $35 with free shipping on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zipp-Titanium-A ... 2047505195

(edit - you have buy $50 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. I picked up an extra set of gloves to round out my order.)