Touched a 10.2lb Ruegamer...

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Zachariah

by Zachariah

Thing felt like a fragile, plastic toy. It was an easy, one-finger lift too. It had Storck Stiletto forks, THM Clavicula cranks, AX-Lightness saddle and some wierd, spindle-only pedals???? What is that?
Due to the urging of all the ladies...I do NOT shave my legs!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I just received my Rue and I'm sure it's a lot heavier, but it feels very sturdy and very well made. I'm excited to build it up.

by Weenie

RussellS

by RussellS

Zachariah wrote:Thing felt like a fragile, plastic toy. It was an easy, one-finger lift too. It had Storck Stiletto forks, THM Clavicula cranks, AX-Lightness saddle and some wierd, spindle-only pedals???? What is that?

http://www.aerolitepedals.com/products.htm

Aerolite pedals. 35 grams each.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I know several people that will only ride the Aerolite's and swear by them. I thought about a set, but decided on something with a larger platform

djconnel

by djconnel

That's a tank compared to Don Becker's Rue which I had the pleasure of meeting @ the Berkeley Hills Road Race this year.

But I agree light bikes lack the "bomb-proof" feel of a good steel bike. Which is why I like riding my Ritchey Breakaway so much. I save the carbon for racing.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Wouldn't there be a higher probabily of crashing in a race?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

RussellS

by RussellS

gumgardner wrote:I know several people that will only ride the Aerolite's and swear by them. I thought about a set, but decided on something with a larger platform

One thing to remember about Aerolite pedals is they have ZERO float. Your shoe is fixed in exactly one place on the spindle. No rotation at all. My brother had a set of Aerolite pedals awhile ago. He does not like float and now uses the non-floating cleat on his SPD-SL pedals. For me, I have to have float on one of my feet.

djconnel

by djconnel

He should use Vectors.

by Weenie