Racing wheel set

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
JTC

by JTC

Thanks. They sound like great hubs. I am excited to try them out. Do uors have the carbon axel?

doozer

by doozer

Petacchi wrote:Ok after careful consideration I am really unsure if a new wheel set is warnted. I would like to cut some weight off of my bike and I think the wheel set would be a good idea but here is what I have and if anyone can think of some other way to lighten it up alittle bit let me know.
R2000 CAAD 5 frame (waranty R700 black frame)
Bike is stock except for
Dura Ace Levers,
3T Zepp XL bar and stem combo,
EC70 Carbon post,
Dura Ace Chain,
Dura Ace Cassette,
And Selle San Marco Era K saddle.
If anyone has some ideas on how to ligthen her up let me know. Personally I was going to go with FSA Team issue crank and BB combo, a set of Tufos , USE Carbon Post, and a SLR saddle. I figure with this combination i should be able to save around 600 grams but the same could be said for buying a new wheelset. Any thoughts?

make sure you get on OK with the saddle.. I ride a san marco era Ti and it's dead comfy even though it's not the lightest. Seen some guys in the middle of a weeklong stage race riding out of the saddle 'cos it's so uncomfortable!!

doozer
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

Yea, I echo that, my concor light is oh so comfy, it just weighs a tonne though!

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

JTC wrote:Thanks. They sound like great hubs. I am excited to try them out. Do uors have the carbon axel?

My new ones will. The older set has the Al axle (which I specified).
Ride lightly!