Storck Absolutist vs Scenario

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'm posting on behalf of a friend that's in the market for a new bike, he is about 65kg and is a very strong rider, especially on the hills. The bike will be used for centuries, Marmot, Etape etc and run Chorus 11

He’s been looking at either a Storck Scenario 1.0 or Absolutist 1.0, both are very similar price and weight but unfortunately living in the UK he’s not found anywhere he can test ride both back to back.

So the question for you guys is, has anyone ridden both these frames? If so could you give some real world feedback on the differences between them?

Just so this doesn’t go off topic, yes he has looked at Willier, De Rosa, Cervolo, Trek etc etc but has come down to just Storck.

Thanks!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pop

by Pop

I've got an Absolutist 09 and I love it!!!
It's "different", strong, very stiff, not too heavy (except the fork, 455g). I haven't seen more Storck where I live, and I like it too.
I like the stork, and I like my Absolutist 09.
(my old bike is an Alan Supercarbonio with Spinergy RevX wheels, so it's so different bike that I could't compare them...)

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

The Absolutist will be stiffer given the design of the tubes and rear seat stay bridge....it will be also lighter than the Scenario by a small margin. Also, the Absolutist 1.0 comes in a UD carbon finish, not usual, and you have to decide if this is your cup of tea. If you want paint, then you have to move up to the Absolutist 0.9. Let me know if you have questions as we have sold a few of these.

phourgenres

by phourgenres

I have a similar question. Looking at a Absolutist 0.9 vs. a Scenario 1.0. I can't figure out why the scenario is the same price. Is there some advantage to the scenario the absolutist doesn't have?

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

They shouldn't have the same price.....Absolutist is a bit more expensive

phourgenres

by phourgenres

When I was looking at the storck archives... here's what I saw for msrp of the framesets:

Absolutist 1.0 - 2250
Absolutist 0.9 - 2900
Scenario 1.0 - 2900
Scenario 0.9 - 3200

I don't know if these were different years or what???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pop

by Pop

Me too!!!!
:)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk