Cannondale CAA7 Optimo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Joel

by Joel

Superlite wrote:Why would I use less? That would be ignorant to do that. No one here does that I hope. Anyone who would save a few grams at the risk of pulling a Beloki is an idiot.

You're right, but some people just add 20g for glue in their specs, it seems crazy but they do it

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

JTC, why don't you show us those pictures?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

Be carefull with the syntace f99 stem! I've read that many of you are building bikes with it. Check with Syntace if you can use you handlebar with the f99 stem, I once asked them if I could use it with an itm millenium handlebar and they said no! On their webpage there is a warning about this.

JTC

by JTC

[JTC, why don't you show us those pictures? ]
I think they were on Cyclingnews. It's been a while. They weren't the same pictures I saw everwhere else. They were from ground level not over head.[/quote]

Superlite

by Superlite

IT's finally here! My frame just got to the shop, going to pick it up now! :lol: I'll be back in a while with weights and pics! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D :o :mrgreen: :wink:

Superlite

by Superlite

Well I just got it. I'm not very happy about the weight. The claimed weight is 1096g for a 54cm frame and 660g for the SI cranks, a total of 1756g. Mine weighed in at 1951g! WHAT THE HELL!!! Thats 195g discrepency! I've contacted Cannondale and they gave me a bunch of BS about the weights, first claiming that they don't advertise claimed weights and my weights were from an unrelieable source when in fact they have the weights listed all over there sit and catalouge! Then they told me that the sizes have different weights and 1096g would be lighter then my frame when I have a 54cm and thats what the claimed weight is from!! Then there final attempt to make an excuse was that "I must have weighed the whole frameset, i.e frames, headset, cranks, and fork to get that weight. WRONG! Just the frame and cranks. Luckily my dealer has a good rep and I'm going to find out what the hell is going on. If I just got a fluke frameset, although I still don't see how it could be 195g off, then I'll get another one. If that isn't the case and they are lying I'm going to expose them for the frauds they are! :evil:

spytech

by spytech

From all the excuses they tried to give you sounds like their bikes are heavier than what they claim. but if you think 195 grams is a fluke, then santas coming to replace your bike with one thats 195g lighter. :lol:

j/k - dont take it so seriously, not the first time a company has lied about weights.

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

yep it happens alot...

My old GT Zaskar was claimed 3.2 lb for the large frame and mine came out to be close to 4lb.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

superlight- I asked this question a while ago, but got no answer, and it does help your situation a little. Last years frames were polished. This years frames are painted. I know that wouldn't account for a 195 gm discrepancy, but if they got the weights from the '03 models (the first year they used CAAD 7 optimo) and then painted the frames, thats gonna bring the weight of your frame a lot closer to what they projected. I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway, because you were previously concerned with getting the weight UP on your bike. Now you can buy lighter wheels!

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, I'm not that mad anymore. The frameset is so nice and beautiful I don't really care that it's over 195g. Not like it's going to slow me down being static weight. But it really pisses me off that they are lying. I'm still going to find out what the real deal is, whether or not it's a fluke or cannondale lying. But man, I gotta say it's the most beautiful frameset I've ever seen. I'll get pics up soon. I've got it built up with every thing except the 04 Dura Ace.

spytech

by spytech

superlite go campy record. 195 is almost half a pound. thats a big mistake i tell you.

Can paint add this much weight? if not how much would paint add. ESTIMATE

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah 195 is alot. It's actually off by 140-150g. I forgot to take of the bottle bolts, seat collar and deraileur hanger. But still that is a HUGE discrepency. Either way I'm so in love with the bike I don't really care. It's mine! HAHAHAHA :twisted:

spytech

by spytech

oooooooook. we should now look for a new name. superlite doesnt quite fit anymore...lol :lol:

Superlite

by Superlite

Superlite is here to stay. The bike will still weigh about 6900g, very respectable, not to mention it's a beast! A BEAST I SAY!!! :wink:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

@Superlite:
Where did Cannondale state the 1096 g on their site? Can you post the URL?
And is it a '03 or '04 frame?
Just to be sure...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com